Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dabs

• 03-02-2004 1:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to order a laptop from dabs, and cant believe how little they want to take my money. My order has been awaiting order clearance for 2½ weeks and I've watched the item I've ordered run out of stock, be replenished, and run out of stock again!

You can only contact them via e-mail, yet when you do they completely ignore the content and paste in some pre-written rubbish reply like "order clearance can take a few days with some cards. We appreciate your patience whilst we undergo this manual process..."

Does anyone else have any problems with them, or are they just picking on me..? There is no way ANY credit card clearance can take 3 weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Nope, I ordered an LCD screen off them a while back and it authorized in a couple of days. Perhaps your CC sucks? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Originally posted by kamobe
    Does anyone else have any problems with them, or are they just picking on me..? There is no way ANY credit card clearance can take 3 weeks.

I have lots of problems with them. The instructions on their site on how to submit your Irish Vat# details don't work.. they completely ignore the substance of your mail and paste is some stupid response.

Best exmaple is (and we're talking 4.5 weeks after dispatch! .. but that's a different story)..

me:
    2 of the 3 boxes have been lost by GLS (ParcelForce's Irish agent), so I request you re-arrange a new delivery / liase with ParcelForce. If possilbe, please do not use ParcelForce, DHL or someone have got to be more reliable for in and around the same price.
    them:
    Dear Sir/Madam
    Thank you for your enquiry to Customer Services at dabs.com,
    You will be refunded in full once the courier have returned the goods to
    us.

They still haven't managed to fix the problem (despite 12 mails about the subject) with submitting VAT details. They still haven't refunded my CC for the lost shipments. They take 48-72 hours to reply with a moronic (I stand by that adjective) reply which might as well be a random auto-reply! Oh, and they have never apologised for the delay of 7 weeks (and counting).

If you have a choice, go elsewhere.

.cg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I ordered recently. 1 week later I'm burning DVDs. No problems here.

Originally posted by cgarvey
    They still haven't managed to fix the problem (despite 12 mails about the subject) with submitting VAT details. They still haven't refunded my CC for the lost shipments. They take 48-72 hours to reply with a moronic (I stand by that adjective) reply which might as well be a random auto-reply! Oh, and they have never apologised for the delay of 7 weeks (and counting).

As far as the delivery problem goes, I'd see that as your own fault for choosing Parcelforce over DHL... there have been so many problems with Parcelforce over here for the past few months I'm constantly surprised that people keep using them, though I'm not sure if Dabs offer you much of a choice on it, unlike komplett... :s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

I've been in touch with them a few times now and their customer service is farcical. I sent them a mail warning them not to give me a rubbish reply. At first i received an Auto-Reply stating that due to current back logs you may have to wait up to 48-hours for a response. Then yesterday (48 hours later) I received a mail saying "we have contacted another department and are awaiting their reply. This could take up to 48 hours. We appreciate your patience in this regard.

We are approaching week 4 and they still havent cleared the bloody order.

And no moridin, my credit card is fine!! :D

MBNA Visa, how more bog-standard everyday can a credit card be!?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by moridin
    As far as the delivery problem goes, I'd see that as your own fault for choosing Parcelforce over DHL

If you have a brainwave on how this can be done, I'd love to hear it.

.cg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

I've ordered a film scanner and a minidisk player from them in the past. They both arrived within 3-4 days no problems.

I can imagine things might get messy with VAT etc..

4 weeks waiting..it's time to cancel man.

davej

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Ring 00448704293064 - Sales

Hyzepher

I would cancel, but the notebook I'm *trying* oh so hard to buy is £150-£200 more expensive everywhere else :(

EDIT - Thanks for that phone number, I'll try it tomorrow. I checked their whole site, and they have no numbers on it whatsoever. In fact, they even go so far as to boast about having no numbers, saying they're an internet only retailer. Crazy...

Ridiculously anti-consumer. If I was so negligent towards my customers I wouldn't make a penny!

It has been shipped, and is now in the hands of ParcelForce. Sounds like a name for an Autobot...

• Advertisement

If you have a brainwave on how this can be done, I'd love to hear it.

.cg

If you'd care to actually read the rest of my post.... :p

So its my fault for not doing the impossible then. Thanks!

.cg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

I've ordered a few things from DABS since Christmas and been generally satisfied. Some useful phone numbers:

0044-870-129-3000 DABS personal sales
    0044-870-129-3010 DABS corporate sales
    0044-870-129-7000 DABS fax

(These are the ones I've used; I noticed a different number given earlier.)
    My orders have all been via a corporate account, which probably helped.

Parcelforce are completely crap though. As mentioned elsewhere, Parcelforce hand off to GLS (Global Logistic Services) for delivery in Ireland. If you're trying to track your order, you'll have trouble finding a number for them, so here it is to save you the bother:

01-860 6219 GLS Ireland main depot (aka General Parcel, aka Williams Air Freight)
    01-460 0560 GLS Ireland head office

Often very hard to get hold of on the phone; the last time I called them, I had to try all extensions from 01-860-6200 upwards in sequence until eventually I got a human to answer (who was pretty helpful, it has to be said). They seem undermanned. I ended up collecting a laptop that had gotten held up in shipping directly from their warehouse; it's just outside Blanchardstown (Unit 47, Rosemount Business Park, Ballycoolin, Dublin 11).

So its my fault for not doing the impossible then. Thanks!

Hey, if you're not happy with how they deliver either complain to them or choose another supplier :p

Originally posted by moridin
    Hey, if you're not happy with how they deliver either complain to them or choose another supplier :p

I'm not, I have and I have, but so what? You told me it was my fault I chose ParcelForce, over DHL. I asked if you had any idea on how I would do this .. you replied to read the rest of your post .. which implied you didn't know what you were talking about.. so why not just say nothing at all...rather than "hey, its your fault.. I don't know why / how you'd get around it , but its your fault" .. :rolleyes:

Thanks to Hyzepher and Tenshot for meaningful posts, and will try the numbers on Monday .. I had the GLS numbers, but got voicemail for all numbers. A polite Aoife rang me back (after 3 days) to say the parcels were lost, so now my battle is with Dabs only.

Sorry to kamobe for robbing the thread :)

.cg

Having had stuff shipped perfectly to me from dabs before with no problems whatsoever (including a damn huge LCD monitor box), I thought that they had been shipped via a decent courier.

However, before I posted I checked on the dabs site and it seemed that they didn't offer dhl shipping, which is why I mentioned that I didn't think dabs did it anymore.

In which case, it's your own fault for choosing to buy from a company that don't offer decent shipping alternatives, given the amount of issues that people have had with parcelforce in recent times. As Parcelforce have managed to stupidly blunder up your order and lose what you bought I assume that in future you'll pay more attention to the delivery options offered by your suppliers.

Advertisement