Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kompletts hercules aiw 9800se's

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

I was about to buy one of them from jes-computer.de when they were available for €215.

I think komplett is too expensive with them TBH. If it doesent softmod your left with a about 9600pro - xt performance....which you can have for €158. The herc's are the one card that i would have taken a chance on. BUT...

9800pro -> €266 (www.komplett.ie)
    9700pro -> €230 (www.jes-computer.de)

That doesent warrent chancing a softmod i think, if it was €215 then yea id go for it as herc is prob the best card to try it with . Advantage is you have AIW features. Disadvantage is if it doesnt softmod :( .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭cheradenine

Ah thanks for that, hadn't even noticed the powercooler for 266 on komplett, you're right not worth the risk seeing as the AIW bit would likely hardly be used, can always geta cheap pci tv card down the line if the need arises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Yea i know, cheap tv cards around €40, €50 with remote.

I went for the 9700pro myself. Komplett are prob going to be sold out of those 9800pro's very quickly so id advise getting your order in .... erm now !!

Failing that there are the sapphire ones for €285 on www.jes-computer.de .

Advertisement