Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone "vision" of the future

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I hope someone develops an ad blocker for that electronic magaziney map thing. :p

I thought the wrist 'communicator' looked a little clunky, but as I'll probably be nearing 40 when it appears I'm not the one to pass judgement on it.

That's as far as I got-I'd be here till lunchtime if I tried to view the lot of it. Don't suppose there's a text version anywhere? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭topgold

The DoCoMo text is helpful. It's surprising that none of the submissions to the government's "workplace of the future" committee wove technology into the prediction of office of 2010.

thanks for the link
    and ideas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dk03

Very impressive presentation!!
    Vodafone are offering a very surreal vision for the workers of the future.

Isn't it a little strange that the Vodafone vision of the future subordinates sport to entertainment, caring, belonging and working? I wanted football when I watched the Flash clips and got museums and London clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I would have thought Vodafone's vision of the future would have looked a little more like

:eek: :eek: :eek: € € € € € € :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

These are visions that are very advanced. I could never imagine someone using a piece of flat paper as a wrist band to communicate with someone. It is a very good idea but strange at the same time.:dunno: ! I would expect the future to b a little different to me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by KittyKat
    I could never imagine someone using a piece of flat paper as a wrist band to communicate with someone.

funny enough the paper thin display was one item that wasn't too wacky!

Philips Steps up Rollable-Display Development, although this is more an "electronic ink" implementation... so far...

rollable-display-5150-2667.jpg

BrianG

and I've seen the polymer display at CeBIT donkeys years ago. Think how fast flat screen TV infiltrated pubs and you can get an idea of how quickly the rollable plastic electric newspaper may reach beyond your local newsagent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bubbalicous

vodafone introduced its main streem comercial mobiles back in the early '90's and has recently introduced its visual mobile. Who knows, in 5 years time we might be using our phones to purchase our food and other needed material things. The bank would top up your credit but could be actually used for more than to just make a call. Normally you would have the option of paying your bills through your mobile via the 24 hour banking system, now you could use that existing system to put an amount of credit on to the phone that would in turn lead to time saved travelling to the bank. A port or something that connects phones to other devices would be integrated into all retail outlets and when the shopper goes to buy he /she just hands or connects up to the shops system and credit taken. This would certainly make a full circle in the domain of 24 hour banking. With an earlier comment about digital i.d. I think that wallets would simply fade away with the introduction of the wallet-phone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

I think its pretty accurate.

The only thing that I would question is what end of the market it would be aimed towards. I can only assume it would be the high end users of services with basic voice only services for the majority of consumers.

Emmo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

Right the more I think about it the more I like the ideas in the Vodafone site.

The only reservation I have is that to power these devices battery tech will really have to be vamped up over the next 6 years.

Alcohol fuel cells for disposable magzines perhaps but there is a lot of work to be done on batteries in the coming years.

I really like the idea of the shades, dont like the idea of ladies champions league.

(truth be told I did find the player who was kissing the ball attractive)

Emmo

Advertisement