Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logitech cordless mouse fer q3

Options
  • 20-06-2000 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Lads just got a logitech cordless keyboard pro and mouse pro, anyone else usin these for playin quake? The mouse seems to be a bit jerky but tis early dayz smile.gif

Chaos was usin a logitech and said twas dead accurate, the same style as mine but not cordless

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Spaceman

Oh it was £129 (worth it) for the set in Maplins, just ask for Logitech desktop pro cause there is a cheaper version wivout all da curves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

Jesus
    129 for a mouse smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

Cordless mice are complete sh!te for playin games, they sample at 15mhz where as a USB mouse samples at 150mhz. AAhhh I'll use PS2/rate, u say, not a chance, doesn't work.

Its jerky quake for you from now on my good man, just make any sudden moves.

Mouse and Keyboard podge!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

You really can't use a cordless mouse for Quake. I was forced to use mine for the IQ3CL game against HIV. they can't hold a candle to a Ps2/USB for responsiveness and stop dead when you move em fast, the only plus is the lack of wire means you can be more accurate with the rail.

I assume the same might happen with the keyboard at high speeds. Theres only so much a radio signal can take.

Regards,
    Rob

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Aha, that must be why you didn't play so well. I was wondering...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭m1RV

Junkie get your facts straight smile.gif
    PS2 in Win9x is 40hz
    PS2 in WinNT4 is 60hz
    PS2 in Win2k is 60-100hz
    USB in anything is 120hz
    "shot"

<< Arf Arf >>

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

Originally posted by m1RV:
    Junkie get your facts straight smile.gif
    PS2 in Win9x is 40hz
    PS2 in WinNT4 is 60hz
    PS2 in Win2k is 60-100hz
    USB in anything is 120hz
    "shot"

lad i be at 200 hz in win2k!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Methinks a Boomslang might have been a better purchase... smile.gif

Don't drink and drive - you might spill your pint
    clanludo

I stand down to Sonic's infinite wisdom and RJ45 cable cutting "skeeeelllllz" of which we say at TrinLan smile.gif

<< Arf Arf >>

• Advertisement

say = saw :P

<< Arf Arf >>

How do ya know what rate yer mouse is workin at anyhow??

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Um, on a slightly different note. My MS Intellimouse died. My second one, I might add. I'm thinking the guy who designed them watched Blade Runner too much. I hope thats not too obscure. Anyway, Anyone got any recommendations? What's that intellieye thing like? Other than being another MS product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

"PS2 in Win9x is 40hz"

Ps2rate will have you running at 200hz and I highly recomend you get it if you don't have it already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭FutureQuakeDood

Currently BETA TEST new logitech source mouse. BASICly you think 120MHZ is fun times?wait until you see this baby whirl.BASICLY early stages but i must say its super for games,flight sims,quakes1-3 ANYTHING. going blow apart the market i think,tried BOOMSLANG next to her and lets just say something TBH -: tortoise, HAIR!

ja,
    FQD.

De ya have an addy where i can get ps2rate Elpres mate??

Advertisement