Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 7650 being a complete pain

• 03-02-2004 5:29am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I did a quick search and couldn't see this covered previously ...

I have a Nokia 7650 since last March, which although it's a bit bulkier than I'd like, has basically been a nice and useful phone, until recently. I'll probably upgrade it to the SE T610 when I'm eligible for that.

Anyway, with my life story out of the way, over the last few weeks the phone has become quite a chore to use. It frequently reports that it has run out of memory when only one application is running "Memory full. Close some applications and try again." or a simpler "Memory Full". The phone currently has about 1.3 megabytes free, was less but I cleared out some crap when I started getting these errors. Sending people text messages is becoming quite difficult. I was rebooting the phone when it got troublesome and having some good use out of it for a while afterwards, but that doesn't do the trick any more.

Anyway, I'm basically just wondering if anybody knows off the top of their head if this is a common problem or if they've come across this before or any information at all really. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

not much usefull stuff here

what version is your firmware (press *#oooo#)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Oh Duh, I meant to post that info.

V 4.36
    11-10-02
    NHL-2NA

Hm, I see a note in your link about memory allocation being improved in V5.06

I don't know how this works, could there be some sort of dumb fragmentation issue here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

could be something like that, to be honest i don't know anything about them phones sorry

i had a search in google groups, only suggestion i saw for memory problems was to take the battery out for 10 mins and if it still happens get it flashed

ps if you lose all your contacts pics ect, i promise i'll never help anyone again

Advertisement