Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw Spoilers

• 03-02-2004 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Basically they're setting up Wrestlemania for a three-way main event. Which i'm not happy with. Why is it whenever a Canadian is due to get a break, Michaels has to stick his nose in?

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

In an ideal world XX would be set up as follows

for the title, HHH vs Benoit (HBK as special referee, who gets the joy of watching HHH tap, leaving Benoit to take on anyone, and HBK and HHH to continue feuding, which takes HHH out of the title race.)

for the title, Eddie vs Angle (Angle tries to screw Eddie at NWO, but Eddie still wins)

Goldberg vs Lesnar (after NWO main event, Lesnar attacks Eddie, but Goldberg comes in and they beat each up , thus leading to a nice XX match, with no titles on the line so it doesnt have to be pretty)

but as I said, that would be in an ideal world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

I can forsee Dullberg costing Lesner the title at NWO, and I really wanna see Gurrerio as the champ. I duuno....

If that would be the case, wrestle mania would be a grudge match. Im obviously not the biggest goldberg fan but this is a big match, so much so the World title could over shadow the match itself. Meaning, a match based on personal hatred is more entertaining in this case then a title bout.

Dunno if Gurrerio is ready for the big strpa yet tho. His atributes say he is, but will the main stram crowd be able to accept him as their champion. Im not too sure...

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Hanz

I have to say, that Eddie not only deserves the title, but more and more people are willing to accept him as a champ.

Look at this way, week in and week out, no in fact any time Eddie gets in the ring, he gets the adulation of the crowd, Tazz and Cole work so hard to put him over, but at the end of the day I do believe Eddie is very deserving of the title, atleast it would the strap would be on someone different rather then Angle or Lesnar.

Personally I think McMahon (as you quite rightly pointed out) stop his big man fetish, it worked in the 80's but not now, not since fans allegedly smartened up to the ins and outs of wrestling.

I dont know everything that goes on backstage, but I can read the crowd reactions, just as much as anyone else, and they are telling me, flat out that Eddie is deserving of the strap and that the fans will accept him with it

• Advertisement

Maybe then when McMahon gets off his monster slug fetish, he might actually give the big show his walking papers...

Oh wait... wrong topic ;)
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Would be great to see new champs. I'm sick of Lesnar and HHH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

a bit ot: was watchin a tape of last weeks smackdown an saw michael coles worst thought out line in a long time "NIDIA JUST SCREWED HER BOYFRIEND".... oh michael, are u taking the mickey

I don't know how Tazz didn't burst out laughing at that statement.
    As annoying as Cole is, he and Tazz are a great pair as Tazz is forever ribbing him and taking the piss out of him. Global Warning Tour is a classic example of this.

Nero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Eddie does deserve the belt,i think. Him vs Angle could have some great matches in the future.

Oh,and i don't think John Cena was meant to get that big push-he just started getting cheered after his little raps and so they went with it.

Eddie has been a very succesful champ in the past. He will also be the 4th grand slam champ (mabey Im wrong, there could be another. 1st Shawn, 2nd HHH, 3rd Jericho), but like Jericho he has also held cruiser weight gold. In other words, hes done it all.

I dont know why, but I have this feeling in the back of my head that the marks wont be able to accept him as a champ. But mabey yall are right. Y'all know I love Eddie, Ive watched him since WCW, and have even seen a good few of his AAA appearences. But then again, Jericho kinda broke the barriers and restrictions when he won the Undisputed in December 2001.

Lets all cross our fingers for Goldie-burg to do the right thing for once. Help himself, and someone else. If he gets up in Brocks face at NWO and Eddie wins the strap I will give Goldberg a bit of due.

Only 2 weeks left to wait and see

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

Originally posted by Hanza
    Eddie has been a very succesful champ in the past. He will also be the 4th grand slam champ (mabey Im wrong, there could be another. 1st Shawn, 2nd HHH, 3rd Jericho), but like Jericho he has also held cruiser weight gold. In other words, hes done it all.

angle is a grand slam winner

knew there was another one...

Thanks man ;)

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Grand Slam being World, Intercontinental, Tag Team and.... European?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Originally posted by Ph3n0m
    In an ideal world XX would be set up as follows

for the title, HHH vs Benoit (HBK as special referee, who gets the joy of watching HHH tap, leaving Benoit to take on anyone, and HBK and HHH to continue feuding, which takes HHH out of the title race.)

for the title, Eddie vs Angle (Angle tries to screw Eddie at NWO, but Eddie still wins)

Goldberg vs Lesnar (after NWO main event, Lesnar attacks Eddie, but Goldberg comes in and they beat each up , thus leading to a nice XX match, with no titles on the line so it doesnt have to be pretty)

but as I said, that would be in an ideal world

One of the rumours doing the rounds is that hhh will drop the title at wmxx but it'll be benoit pinning michaels, setting up a feud between the three of em with hhh banging on about how he didn't actually get pinned, it's been done before, but i'd like to see benoit get the belt. Another rumour is that Bret Hart may be involved(wouldn't it be great to have him as guest referee and screw michaels), there's a poll on brethart.com asking if he should appear at wmxx.

with the other matches, what would make sense is for goldberg to cost lesner the title setting up lesner/goldberg, angle winning the 3 way no1 contenders match setting up angle /eddie for the title, with angle finally turning heel, and cena/big show being left to have a us title match.

I think an eddie/angle match would totally steal the show.

I am looking forward to the proposed triple threat from raw. i think it'll be an amazing match aswell.

I totally am agenst the idea of the Wrestlemania main event being anything other then a 1 v 1.

It goes beyond a good match. Its more then "yeah what a good match". Its like Shawn Michaels V Bret Hart, its the Ultimate Warrior V hogan, DeBiosie V Randy Savage, Yokozuna and Bret, Rock and Austin, Rock and Austin, Rock and Austin...

It has to be that match that rings, rolls off your thongue and u think... WOW!

See, science and knowledge behind wrestling now days, has totally over shadowed the passion and glory that is professional wrestling.

Hanza

Its just dawned on me, unless you havent actually held the european title in the past, there can be no more Grand Slam champs.

The defination of a grand slam champ is some one that has held every possible title that their weight devision can cater for. Therefore before the European title was instated, there WERE grand slam champs, since the only belts were Tag IC and Heavyweight.

Anyway, that was then this is now. I guess if you wanna be a grand slam champ 2 day u have to have held the Tag titles, both. The IC and US title. World and WWE title. Eddie and Jericho also have cruiser weight titles on their resuime. Its disputible, but many cruiser weight fans or experts believe the WWE cruiserweight title to be the exact same title as the origional WCW cruiserweight belt, just with a new WWE style paint job if you will...

If Eddie does win this Sunday, he will have been the grand slam champ to have held the most titles then, tied with Angle, but Angle has the KOTR on his CV too.

Shawn: IC, European, World, WWE, Tag

HHH: IC, European, World, Undisputed, WWE, Tag

Angle: IC, European, WCW, WWE, Undisputed, World Tag, WWE Tag, Hardcore

Jericho: Cruiserweight, IC, European, Undisputed, World Tag, Hardcore

Eddie: WCW Tag, World Tag, WWE Tag, Cruiserweight, IC, European, Hardcore, and then the WWE.

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

The WWE Cruiserweight Title is the WCW Cruiserweight Title. When they bought WCW, they just continued on using the title.

See here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

angle only won 1 tag title

• Advertisement

Poo :(

Yeah man your right, it just dawned on me there. The smackdown was his first. So if Eddie does win, he'll be the one to have held the most variations of titles.

Hanza

Advertisement