Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newbie needs s/w help in uml

Options
  • 03-02-2004 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

hi everyone,

im a newcomer to this uml larking and at the moment im trying to work on a basic asteroids clone of space invaders, i made up the basic game play, but digrams i need to do are static (actors,use cases,objects,class diagramm) and dynamic model diagrams (use case diagram,sequence diagram,activity diagram,collaboration diagram,state transition diagram) for a basic space invaders 'asteroids' clone

ie: players (1 or 2) ship, alien ship, meteroite and free space.
    alien ship can fire and players ship can also fire albeit a stronger beam.

3 lives to start, 1 extra live per 100,000 points.
    you receive points for hitting meteroites (5 points), and destroying alien ships (15 points)

everytime player(s) ship takes a hit, their power bar is reduced (10% loss of power if hit by meteroite, 20% loss of power if hit by alien ship). .

i dont expect a complete solution, just some pointers and help.

PeACe

<><

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Solution 1. Talk to your lecturer
    Solution 2. Go to your classes
    Solution 3. http://www.google.ie
    Solution 4. Buy a book on uml design

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Pragmatic Programmer - 0-201-61622-X

and

Developing Applications with Java and UML - 0-201-70252-5

Both good books. Do you want to refine the problems you are having?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

so much for all the help anyway!

we dont see much of our lecturer, maybe twice a fortnight. i have searched (and searched) the net and i have loads of diagrams and stuff,

but im trying to translate all this to the space invaders.

i have done a few diagrams (on visio , yes, i do have that!). but am trying to think of use cases for the use case diagram.

so, basically, the alien ships, player ships, meteroids are actors?

where does the actual player come into the equation.?

for the class diagram i can use a ship class (for the alien ship and player ship) but with different properties?

and same for meteroids? what about weapons and how do i implement the health bar?

<thanks folks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Thread sanitised.

x in the city: Please use correct spelling/capitalisation/grammar/paragraphing in your posts in order to make them easier to read. Benefit to you is that more people will reply usefully.

Cheers,
    Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

so why don't you ever post any attempts and ask for pointers in stead of just asking us to do your homework!?

• Advertisement
Advertisement