Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Hacker

• 03-02-2004 12:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

...Is playing Electric City in the Metropolitan on March 15.

Wh00t!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I'll almost certainly be there after Kraftwerk, he ripped the place apart last time he was over. Perfect venue for him IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Sketch

deadly, but how do i get to the metropolitan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

walk down o connel street headin south, before you cross the road to go onto the bridge, turn left, its beside where the laughter lounge used to be on the quays

really cant miss it

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yea, am dying to go to this.
    But I will have to see if I can get the Tuesday off work - as I can't go into work hungover or else I'd be sent home(not a good sign)
    And its only a tenner! sweet stuff
    can't wait for speedy J also, and radioactiveman!
    metro is getting a good few peoplew I have to say :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Lenny
    Yradioactiveman!
    metro is getting a good few peoplew I have to say :D:D:D

Ye radioactiveman rules, he played at the party in glendalough.
    Electricity are fantastic promoters. Their club and Model 1 in Traffic = best nights in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by Lenny
    can't wait for speedy J also,

I think he's in the redbox on the 16th or 18th of march. Going to see him with a few mates from work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Sketch

cheers thanx helix

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

TIMO MAAS - 13 Feb, CARL COX - 20 Feb, GROOVE ARMADA - 6 Mar & DEEP DISH - 16 Mar!

only line-up I see for rb, ain't got no pr mail off robbie either about speedy j at the rb..

cant see speedy j playing 2 clubs in dublin within a few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Son of Blam

18/3/2004 - Thursday - Electric City 1st Birthday - Speedy J, Ellen Allien (Metropolitan)

• Advertisement

knew he was playin there alrite, but someone said hes playin the redbox, which i severely doubt

dont think hes great anyway, goin to that gig to see ellen alien

shes fantastic

There's no way he's playing the Redbox, unless the world is ending or something crazy.

I've seen Speedy J twice before in the TBMC (certified rubbish venue). The first time he was really good, played loads of weird messed up stuff, a lot like his Shocking Hobby EP. The second time he just banged out some generic techno for the crowd, not really interesting or my thing.

His gig in the Metro should be excellent though, that place has a habit of bringing out the best in acts that play there as it's so small and the crowd seem to usually be really into the music rather than just there to neck pills and have a bit of a wobble. I've seen a crazy amout of acts there and it's almost always a great night.

Originally posted by Son of Blam

I've seen Speedy J twice before in the TBMC (certified rubbish venue)

b0ll0x!

best venue in ireland for techno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Son of Blam

I've seen Speedy J twice before in the TBMC (certified rubbish venue). T

I'm with you on that one, brutha! What a kip!

i think youre both missing the point about techno venues lads

Each to their own I guess. Personally I never liked the layout of the TBMC, that side passage thing is a complete waste of space and the guys toilets are usually in a pretty bad way. Also, the whole place is too big for my liking, most of DJs/acts I listen to probably wouldn't fill that place anyway.

What do you think its good points are?

dark, dirty & loud

all you need for a techno venue

Advertisement