Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash executables

Options
  • 03-02-2004 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Flash newbie here. Been doing it about 24 hours, so bear with me here.

I've created a flash movie. I can export to swf and embed in a web page. But I'd like to export to a windows executable, how is this done. I've tried searching the help file, but to no avail. Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

what do you want to do exactly, make the flash run in windows? or have it run when windows boots or have it running on the desktop? etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

I've a flash file, blah.fla.
    I export to blah.swf and can embed it in a webpage and it can be played with from there.
    I've seen flash executables, blah.exe, which you can double click and they start up and run in their own little window. I want to know how to create them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

Check this out!!! It allows you to make Windows executables from Flash movies.
    I'd guess that there are many other similar pieces of software out there.

Ahh, I'd been making the assumption that it was a feature of flash, and not some external 3rd party functionality. Thanks for the link, I'm downloading now.

File -> Publish Setting -> Windows Projector.
    Then click publish, exactly what I was looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Foiled again - yep, Flash will do it for ya no bother.

Advertisement