Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking a 9600XT

• 03-02-2004 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

I started this earlier today. Im totally new to overclocking. Heard powerstrip was good for increasing the voltages/speed. Increased the Engine clock from 499 up to 535, and increased the memory clock from 324 up to 351. I did it in increments of 5 so as not to overheat it. Used 3dmark2001 se to bench it, have increased about 300 points by doing so,without any graphical problems. Should it be higher, have i overclocked it too much or can they generally go higher? I just dont want to keep going until i have it too high as i dont want to screw the card up.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

i used rage3d to overclock.
    its very easy use and is used mostly with radeon cards.
    nah the 9600xt can be overclocked to those without breaking a sweat.
    i have mine set at 535core and 350memory and played on it with CoD, Halo , CS1.6, NFS : underground for several hours and there was no deterieration (sp?) in the graphic quality.
    do a google search to see how high it can be clocked to.
    i myself am happy as the fps im getting now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Well them Overclocks are huge, so theres not much point getting 1-2 fps more, XT's are practically overclocked Pro's, so they don't have to much headspace.

My pro which was stock 400/300 is now 500/350, and that makes a difference. About 15-20 fps more on some games.

Advertisement