Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linking XBOX live gamertag

Options
  • 03-02-2004 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭

Anyone else not been able to do this due to the fact that you dont have a postcode to enter on the gamertag linking page over at xbox.com?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭40coats

This is a known issue and is being looked at. Taking their sweet time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Dudes, just put in "na" or "n/a" or "mong" or whatever.
    It really won't matter either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

it does matter unfortunetly - it won't match up with your credit card information you used when setting up LIVE in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

I wish theyd fix this, any more info on when itll be fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wookie

Are you saying you can't setup an account because of the post code problem?

I know that I setup mine without any problems, in fact I can't even remember what I filled in for the postcode...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

no - what they are referring to is the ability to link your Hotmail/MSN messanger etc to your Gamertag. So you can be browsing the web and see if you friends are playing on XBOX live.

Anyone also notice , that if you select Ireland for your location on xbox.com , the option for Gamer Tag link has disappeared, but if you change it to the UK you can see the option.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Same problem here - in hindsight we should have set up our account with UK as the country and then put in any old postcode - if its possible

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I have to say, it is rather ridiculous that we cant do it, Im a massive top spin fan and I cant enter any XSN tournaments until I link my gamertag

Hey Draupnir

We have massive Top spin fans coming down to our event in Temple bar -- We have a full tournament with great prizes for the top Spin champion. Bring your own characters on your mem sticks or bring your xboxes - You should pop down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

you know I might just drop down, how do I get a pass?

• Advertisement

Hey Draupnir

The event is going to be hosted on the 21st and 22nd of February in Temple bar...
    If youd like to compete in the Top Spin / All the Xbox comps a Pass is €15 - You stand to win awesome prizes -- Previous prizes include Xboxes, Tons of the latest EA/MS Games, N-Gage Mobile phones and so much more.
    If youd just like to watch for awhile Spectator fee is €10 - I'd recommend you bring your xbox/Mem Card down and compete in the Top spin Tourney. We kick off at about 10AM Saturday morning. We are ALWAYS looking for new Top Spin players :) The competition is pretty fierce, If you take the game seriously, you'd love it.

Signups for the Xbox Gamer Pass - http://www.room101.org/comments.asp?item=178&view=on
    Signups for the PC and Xbox Gamer Pass - http://www.room101.org/comments.asp?item=179&view=on

Most of our players have PC and Xbox Passes - 42 Attending so far -- and we have 4 Xbox only guys attending.

Links to Discussions for this lan are available in my sig.

Hope to see ya there bud.

Advertisement