Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XP Upgrade

• 03-02-2004 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi guys, i'm in a fix here, I am upgrading a Windows ME system to XP and it has left me witha blue screen saying setup is copying files, and that's been there for about 2 hours now, there is no activity of the CD but the HDD light is on full, is there anyway I can continue the upgrade without loosing everything?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

same thing happened to me once. The progress bar disappears and it looks like its stopped.
    After getting the same thing after a few re-boots I left it and it eventually moved on to the next screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 killer_cain

cheers, it's eventually movin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,653 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You're more patient then I am - more than 3 hours :eek:

BTW was it wise to upgrade me to xp? I think I would have gone for a reformat / new install

Advertisement