Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixies Reunite for Chillis gig

Options
  • 03-02-2004 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Got this release from a pal who works in a radio station

THE PIXIES REUNITE FOR FIRST TIME IN OVER TEN YEARS
    FOR ONE OFF IRISH DATE WITH RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS

PIXIES JOIN THE CHILIS IN THE PARK

The Pixies will reunite for the first time in over ten years to perform their only Irish date at Phoenix Park on Saturday 12th June 2004 as special guests with Red Hot Chili Peppers (subject to licence).

Original members, Frank Black,Kim Deal, Joey Santiago and David Lovering have reformed for a one off tour never to be repeated again. This exclusice Irish date will be the one and only opportunity for Irish fans to see the Pixies live. This news follows last months announcemtn that they will play Coachella Festival in California in May. The Irish date is only the second show to be announced by the band so far.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    brilliant :)
    Yeah, apart from the fact that they're playing at the Phoenix Park. I don't think the Pixies realise they'll be playing in front of 50,000 pissed up Dublin skangers that have never heard of them, and don't want to listen to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Originally posted by ReefBreak
    Yeah, apart from the fact that they're playing at the Phoenix Park. I don't think the Pixies realise they'll be playing in front of 50,000 pissed up Dublin skangers that have never heard of them, and don't want to listen to them.

who doesn't want to lissen to the pixies.... tell me and I will beat them to death with their own limbs**

**May only be the case if said people are smaller and not hard to pull-a-part

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

From the subject title, you'd think they had reformed as a favour to RHCP.

I love the Pixies but I don't think I'd be into seeing them in that sort of situation. I saw them in The Point in 1991 (I think) and I'll leave it at that...unless they're doing a gig by themselves somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

Originally posted by Badly Drunk Boy
    From the subject title, you'd think they had reformed as a favour to RHCP.

I love the Pixies but I don't think I'd be into seeing them in that sort of situation. I saw them in The Point in 1991 (I think) and I'll leave it at that...unless they're doing a gig by themselves somewhere else.
    Here, here. What an awful way to destroy a legacy - play The Phoenix Park as a support act to a mediocre band in front of 100,000 people that couldn't give a shíte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Boo-Urns, this has made my day a tad bit worse. Don't want to see RHCP again but want to see Pixies so badly. Alas i think I will not go and not taint my image of them by seeing them play infront of thousands of drunken scumbags and probably in the day time because of those long summer nights.... *sniffle*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

****s sake. I will not spend money to be with a RHCP crowd. Especially a crowd that doesn't know that Under the Bridge was not a coversong..

Advertisement