Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cat5 cables with led's on them. anyone know where?

Options
  • 03-02-2004 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭

i saw a while back a website which was offering cat5 cables with a little button on each end with an led in it, which when you squeezed one end would light up the other end if there was current going through the cable to make it easier on busy patch panels to see where each cable ends up to you don't have to try and trace it through all the cable spaghetti.

only thing is i can't find where it was, and now i know someone who's interested in buying some.

does anyone know somewhere that sells them?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

When my company is buying networking hardware, we buy them off from a few companies including:

http://www.tnsdistribution.com

Temple Distribution
    Airton Idust Estate, Tallaght. Phone number (01) 454 0722

and also Microwarehouse in City Park. I think if you give them a buzz, they'd be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

kinda like this??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Buy a cable tester.
    €90-ish isn't nothing to pay for an easier life.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Originally posted by woolymammoth
    kinda like this??
    that's the puppy. thnx
    Originally posted by SyxPak
    Buy a cable tester.
    €90-ish isn't nothing to pay for an easier life.
    cable tester isn't going to help me trace the other end of a single patch cable amongst hundreds of others is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

your gona buy hundreds of these cables? how much are they each? R u going to be using them from patch panel to switch? or the full monty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

cable tester isn't going to help me trace the other end of a single patch cable amongst hundreds of others is it?

Nope!

Advertisement