Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zyxel Linux Drivers

• 03-02-2004 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hi

Is anyine using the zyxel 630 modem that comes with IOLBB with linux. If so will you point out were to get the drivers.

Thanks
    John.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

there's been an awful lot of posts about this before :)

i dont think the drivers are finished yet (they're not being made by ZyXEL) but you can get the beta ones from sourceforge!

Daniel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

Dont know if you got this sorted by now, probably have but check the following link which describes step by step:

http://www.linux.ie/articles/tutorials/zyxel630-11.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

No I never got that sorted. Thanks for the reply ill look into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

I'm hoping to get IOL BB pretty soon and was hoping get it running on my linux box, do you know if they are still providing this Zyxel modem with their braodband product?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by vigos
    I'm hoping to get IOL BB pretty soon and was hoping get it running on my linux box, do you know if they are still providing this Zyxel modem with their braodband product?
    IOL have been providing a modem with both ethernet and USB ports since before Christams, so it hasn't been an issue - just use the ethernet port for Linux machines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

@Ripwave

Do you know the model number of this modem by chance. Ive ordered bb and was just wondering whether the modem is any good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Conor-Mr2
    @Ripwave

Do you know the model number of this modem by chance. Ive ordered bb and was just wondering whether the modem is any good.
    According to other posts here, it's the Zyxel Prestige 623

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

D-Link 16 Bit PCMCIA Fast Ethernet
    Yeah that the one. I just got my modem today. Yet to get it to work. Have to now buy some more hardware cause IOL are idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

What exactly are you talking about, Syth? IOL don't supply D-Link gear - and definitely not D-Link PCMCIA gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

What extra hardware are you talking about too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

What exactly are you talking about, Syth? IOL don't supply D-Link gear - and definitely not D-Link PCMCIA gear.
    Oh sorry, I don't know what I was thinking then. I have to buy on of those things. My laptop doesn't have an ethernet adaptor, only USB, so I have to get one of those cards to plug into my PCMCIA slot, so I can use the ethernet cable.

It came today, but I'm still having trouble setting it up.

Advertisement