Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

damien rice

Options
  • 03-02-2004 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

is anybody else annoyed with Damien Rice for charging 30 quid for a vicar street? thats mental! it used to be tenner back in the day.
    i had to miss most of his last gigs in dublin because of being a poor cheap student. very angry,

grumble.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

Oh my god. Please don't start me on another Damien rant. Please don't please don't please don't please don't please don't please don't...

Luce :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

But yes, I completely agree with you. That's all I'm saying.

*forces herself down*

Luce :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

I suppose some people see it as getting what you pay for, quality for money, etc.

Me being one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

quality for money
    robbie williams last year was like 60 eurodollarpounds, i had to stand in line &get one for my lazy assed little sister thing (leech).
    nuff said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

He's popular enough now, he can get away with it. That's why I reckon.
    xm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by Silent Grape
    it used to be tenner back in the day.

saw him 3 times for free. brilliant all times.
    saw him at witnness for less-than-free, was shite.

bored of 90% of his stuff. wont be going to see him this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Konix

well the gig was pretty amazing at Vicar st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

shurrup u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

obviously somebody hasn't been looking at ticket prices from the last 10 years or so.

30 euro is fairly ****in reasonable for Vicar St. Have you seen some of their other prices. ungodly amounts are paid to see the likes of Tommy Tiernan on one of his 87 night residencies there.

The Damien Rice tickets were available for 25 Euro if you were clever enough. I wasn't at this one, but the one before Christmas was one of his best ever.

But lets all bitch about him cos he's successful. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

Got tics at the very last minute,Fantastic Gig, although I'm not a HUGE fan of vicar st, think its a bit overrated and definitely not the best venue in dublin. Really intimate and all that but not exactly ppl friendly and i also overheard a bouncer turning someone away AFTER they'd given their ticket at the door(like these ppl were on their way from the bar into see damien), saying that it was too full and he was real sorry he'd have the boxoffice "sort them out". I'm sorry but how f**king disappointed and disgusted would u be if that was you!?!The man himself though was in top form, even if it did end at 11.15!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 renagadestar

I hate this bull**** about "he is charging too much". Look Damian Rice worked bloody hard was broke for ages playing gigs and recording his album unaided. He plays great shows and is worth 30 euro. He also will have to pay money to promotors, stage hands etc etc etc the guy has to make a living. Do really think Damian Rice is about the money ????? I dont!!
    I do think that he is very talented and deserves to make a decent living which he would never make charging 10 euro into vicer st.

Originally posted by Achille
    But lets all bitch about him cos he's successful.

Always the way, no? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Or that he is indeed shite :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Originally posted by Achille
    obviously somebody hasn't been looking at ticket prices from the last 10 years or so.

30 euro is fairly ****in reasonable for Vicar St. Have you seen some of their other prices. ungodly amounts are paid to see the likes of Tommy Tiernan on one of his 87 night residencies there.

The Damien Rice tickets were available for 25 Euro if you were clever enough. I wasn't at this one, but the one before Christmas was one of his best ever.

But lets all bitch about him cos he's successful. :o

I was there in Dec and was at the first one and have to say it was brilliant, not as good as Dec gig but nonetheless still a great gig.

Will be seeing him again in London in 2 weeks and will enjoy that too. Before you start to think I am of the COldplay buying public I am DEFINITELY not. Last gig I purposely saw in London was The Icarus Line, just to give you some scope. Not heard of em? Look in this weeks NME.

Anyway, get off Damiens back ye miserable cnuts, dont get me started on the pricks that will pay 60 yoyo to see a reformed band thats done nowt for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Daylight

Might not be a fan musically but you can't blame him for the €30 price tag. For a start it was most likely the promoters who decided the price and also, in relation to what people are charging these days, €30 ain't that much.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

... got a spare ticket for gim tonight in galway if anyone's interested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

It was actually 25 and if you bought from his website there was zero booking fee or postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

Damien Rice is in it to make money. along with everyone else, basically i beleive we all want a job that pays money and everyone does it by different methods and according to their talents or not as the case may be. some jobs sound like more fun, some are more work, some u gotta take big risks in but in the end everyone wants to amke some shiny pennies

*end of rant.. apologies am in a weird mood*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Stifler

he's cack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

oh relax everybody, i still love him, im just pissed off that a devoted fan like myself cant afford the stoopid foocking tickets

• Advertisement

Ask for a ticket as an early birthday present. Or try to cadge one by other means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

sorry i'm late.....
    25 is an excellent price, in my opinion, considering what price he could charge. demand greatly exceeded supply you know. (economics is my forte):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dera

Originally posted by Cherry
    Always the way, no? ;)

sort of like the way people bitch about the frames then, cherry?

Exactly the same.

Advertisement