Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 120GB less than €100

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

not too shabby.

the 160gb western digital caviar for €105 last week was a better deal though:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

damn missed that one... ah well wats 40 Gigs when you go over the hundred... :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

120gb is feck all. plus what you gonna back this onto, ideally buy 2 and mirror em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

1. not to be sniffed at
    2. 100 yoyo the last time I looked in dixons

1. Id have more confidence buying Seagate or WD
    2. Why would anyone buy from Dixons

• Advertisement

1. its not gona be backed up coz its gona be my backup
    2. ive never had any problems with Maxtor :)

120gb is feck all.
    hows is 120 gigs feck all.. even by todays standards it pretty big.... seeing as most PCs are shipped with no more than 60GB...

4. anyway i dont know if id be comfortable using a 200GB or watever... thats alot of stuff to loose if owt goes wrong...

120gb is feck all, depends on your usage. Id fill that up with isos/mp3s/games/roms/installs easily

well its matching up with my 100 GB primary drive so it will do me for a while anyway! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

Maxtor drives are class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's the ideal size for anyone modding their x-box. Good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Have 2 maxtor drives my self and there fine. I belive they had a bad rep a few years ago but have improved. Have a 40gig and a 160gig. Got the 160gig for 127euro about 3 weeks ago.

Also how come if WD are so good they they seem to be one of the cheapest drives out there ? Also i have heard lots of people saying there so noisy they are getting rid of there WD hard drives.

Advertisement