Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Memory ? Which memory ?

Options
  • 03-02-2004 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

I need memory for my pc.

Gateway 550PE performance
    550mhz processor
    memory: 128mb memory
    20gb hard drive
    Windows 98se

What do I need to get ?

I tried to look at http://www.crucial.com/uk/index.asp[/URL] for their memory finder but I'm not sure.

How much memory should I buy and where ? Any suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

a stab in the dark would be SD PC133

but google for AIDA 32 or SISOFT SANDRA 2003/4 (don't knnow which it is) and it should tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

Yep, you're looking for PC133 SDRAM.

Try shop4memory, but there are many others, just DON'T purchase from sites claiming to have mem for your particular Gateway model.

Actually, if you're interested, i have 2 x 256Mb PC133 SDRAM chips if you want them??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

How much would you want for them ?

I kinda dont want to go and buy them and then find out that they dont work ?

Did I read on another thread that someone bought the same ones and they didnt work on their pc ? Would they not have to be the same amount of memory as already there. ie 128 ?

How easy are they to assemble ? Just take off casing and pop them in ?

I presume your motherboard (Intel 815E ?) can support up to 512Mb (I'm sure they all did). It should also have 2 DIMM sockets for the memory. It's no problem using different size chips. You can put in any combination to as much as the board will support.

Fitting the chips is no hastle. You should see levers at each end of the slot used for locking the ram in place. When installing they only go in one way. But i think this guide explains it better for you.

With regards those 2 chips, i've sent a PM, since this isn't the For Sale forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

According to Belarc Advisor, motherboard is Intel WS440BX ?

You fairly sure that this memory will sort me out. I dont want go buying the wrong memory :(

• Advertisement

Have you read your private messages?

Advertisement