Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ooh :) Cool Google deskbar!

• 03-02-2004 10:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭

Check out Google Deskbar :)

If you don't have IE 5.5+, it won't install, but open regedit and navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

Export that key just as a backup.

Create (or modify) a String value called "Version" to "5.5"

Install Google DeskBar, once you've done that, disable "Show mini-results window"

Instant Googly goodness :)

It is what it's.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

hmmm not as handy as the built in google search used in the Mozilla Firebird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭oneweb

Good point. BUT, it's very handy for when Firebird/Mozilla isn't already running :)

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,310 ✭✭✭✭L1011

/me wonders will Palm be too happy about this because they own the word Deskbar :-)

The Deskbar is the entire bar at the bottom/top/side of your screen with the menu button, system tray and running apps in in. Not an application in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

That's awesome! thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

Browsing with it is kinda slow with thats mini results window, can you configure it to open search results in Firebird?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by oneweb
    Good point. BUT, it's very handy for when Firebird/Mozilla isn't already running :)

I can't imagine a time when it isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Ebonyks, yes goto options(good deskbar) then click Mini-viewer tab, you will know what to do

Make Mozilla a default browser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

Yeah, i actually uninstalled it a while back after 10 mins of playing with amd finally going *bleh* don't like it.

but in my defense i must say i was very...very drunk. Drink & Software don't mix :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Yes Firebird does wipe the floor with IE

Advertisement