Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NoClassDefFoundError

Options
  • 03-02-2004 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am trying to install Lotus Notes Command line email Client.
    I gets the following error after typing the following at the command prompt

c:\CliNotes>NotesEmail.bat

Exception in thread "main" Java.Lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/activation/DataSource at com.ibm.mpic.notes.base.main<Unknown Source>

I have set the activation.jar,mail.jar, and notes.jar in the ClassPath.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

I dont really know what your doing, but the Java Exception means it can't find the appropriate class files need for running the program. In order words the javac operation hasn't created a .class file. The bat file your running must be invoking a java class file which it can't find so it throws the exception

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

*waking up*

*shrug* you must not have set the classpath correctly
    in the batch file (before javac command) set classpath, include activation.jar in it...
    or
    try putting activation.jar into the working directory... (as long as classpath include . )

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Notes.jar uses native calls (if it is R5 backwards, maybe R6 too). So in order to get it to work you need to have your notes directory on the path.

Who makes the command line client and what version? I am not aware of any (not to say there isn't one).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Gauldin

Hi Hobbes,

This product is produced by IBM:
    http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/notescliemail

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Ahh ok cool. Alphaworks are normally developer made stuff then products we sell.

Another thing to note, if your mail file is on a remote server you would normally use the NSCO.jar instead of the notes.jar. You can put both on the classpath if needs but if you do put the NSCO.jar first.

I'll have a look at what it is up to.

... Update.

Had a look at the file. If you followed all the instructions in the install.txt file then it should work. The only other thing I can think of is has the server got IIOP support enabled? For example my mail servers don't allow it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement