Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to dcc on eircom dsl

• 03-02-2004 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

i cant seem to dcc on mIRC on eircom dsl using the (netopia caymen 3300) i made a pinhole on ports 2070-2075 and i still cant send stuff.
    cant even send stuff on yahoo either.
    any idears?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

too many abbreviations for me;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Have you tried dropping the firewall completely just to test. (ie open every port on the thing) Also it may fail because of the way your router/mIRC client is setup. I aint familiar with your router but alot of them have NAT tables which doesnt exactly give a "direct" connection to the net which can cause failing.
    Did you get any error messages or did it just time out or what? On yahoo how do you connect? (ie. no network detection, firewall no proxies etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Not sure about the yahoo problem.
    But Mirc had somewhat disabled auto DCC on 6.12 after the exploit went around last year.

Try this

/ignore -wd *

Then try DCC.
    Good luck.

[edit] you can undo the command by

/ignore -rwd *

There is a setting to send a different IP address in mIRC somewhere. I think its under firewall settings. mIRC might be sending the IP address of your computer ( which is private) when it should be sending the IP address of the router.
    If the port forwaring is setup correctly this should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭BENJIspendlove

im on irc 6.03 and i have tried it with ignore on and off and i have absolutly no firewall (no hax0ring meh)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

have you tried forwarding those ports in BOTH TCP and UDP?

Try this

1) Disconnect from your IRC server.
    2) Clear the current text in the Local Host and IP Address boxes under File/Setup in the Local_Info dialog.
    3) Select both 'On connect, Always get' Local Host and IP Address options in the Local_Info dialog.
    4) Set 'Method' to Normal.
    5) Leave the Local_Info dialog and the File/Setup menu both with 'OK'.
    6) Reconnect to your IRC server and try to send a file.

If this doesnt work experiment with the 'On connect' .. settings... !! ie. For instance, try to use the 'Server' method instead of the default Normal one.

If that doesnt work then post exactly whats happening and what your trying to do. It would help alot if we need to figure anything else.

Also you said you arent using a firewall, does that mean that you have opened "every" port on the routers firewall settings? You router also does have a nat table for sending data on the net. You may need to forward info on the ports that mirc uses for dcc and also with yahoo if your trying that. (it's ports are 5050, 80, all available - but it normally wont send files unless it gets the std port ie 5050)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭BENJIspendlove

tbh i dont think its as much irc thats the problem and more the modem, as i cant send files on yahoo or msn either

Yeah as I said drop the firewall completely but try the method I gave for mirc. It uses the irc server to get proper ips for dcc sending. It is more than likely the modem's built in firewall that is causing the problem but do posrt exactly whats happening in all three programs when you try ok.

Advertisement