Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please: Installing Zyxel 630 on Eircom

• 04-02-2004 1:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭

I've never set up anything to do with DSL before and I'm setting this up for a mate so I'm semi-lost.

I've downloaded the driver from the zyxel site but have little clue as to which options to pick when installing

PPPoE, PPPoA, RFCwhatsit?

LLC or the other option?

Any other things I should be aware of? PC is running XP Pro, modem is a 630-11 (USB). After installing the driver correctly is it just a matter of going through the usual internet wizard, selecting DSL along the way? Any other settings required there?

Thanks for any help - I'd like to set it up for the guy tomorrow morning but I'll hang on for advice re the above.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by sceptre
    PPPoE, PPPoA, RFCwhatsit?
    Search this board for the word "encapsulation"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Driver: PPPoE
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35
    Set up type: LLC

should work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Thanks guys, all working. Surprisingly easy - I assumed there was more to it than there was. My own 56k modem was more hassle to set up.

Advertisement