Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get something for free?

• 04-02-2004 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭

Howdy partners.
    I have posted about this before and I want some advice. I ordered Rircom Broaband 8 weeks ago and keep on getting the old 7 days thing. I rang today and the lady said that it was on the courier priority list for today. No show. What I want to know is
    If I kick up a fuss will I get something for free out of Eircom? Any experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Yeah, heartache:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

not a chance, eircom dont care about anyone enough to give them free stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Agreed, eircom have the policy of dont care aint gonna help you, your taking up my lunch break. It sucks. Best thing to do is try find someone on the inside who can get it put thru for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Or go with someone who isn't resellling eircoms crap service..

That is either Wireless or Esat business DSL

If you can get ESAT business then go with them. It's like 90 a month for completely upcapped service at 512/256. You can also get a full dsl line of them (ie no line rental from eircom but also no extra phone line). Only problem is you need to be near their exchanges... which I aint.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 starjammer

Not true, my dad got on the phone and kicked up a hell of a fuss because they sent us out the wrong type of modem, an ethernet one.
    While I went and fetched an ethernet card, eircom were so petrified that they sent us out a usb modem and now we have two :) And we got the second one within 3 days.

Check your bill, eircom will prob charge you for it. In regards modems and stuff tho it costs them nothing to give you a new one really. It's getting it installed is the part they dont like doing work.

Advertisement