Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amd Xp 2500 / 2600

• 04-02-2004 3:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Looking at komplett, theres a 12 Euro difference between too, I'll be upgrading to either one, and just curious if it's worth the 12 euro to go from 2500+ to 2600+ ... their both Barton, same cache, only ~100Mhz difference ...
    Advise would be nice,
    thanks,

Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

Theres really no point, save yer money, buy a couple of pints (maybe even 3 :eek: ). There is no diff and if u overclock the 2500+ is great (with the right stepping & FSB)

Oh and btw *SNAP* :D

jesus i just noticed we registered the same time too....u freak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Well, dont wanna OC at all, but yeah, I thought the same, just making sure didnt miss some small print somewhere :D

mmm same reg time/avatar ...can only mean one thing
    /me sings the doom song....

*doom dee doom doom doom.....*

But do you like to make waffles? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

/me prepares for his iminent banning off this board....

hmmmmm.....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

multiplier is locked on the new 2600+ bartons, well it was on one i got a few weeks ago off komplett
    afaik the 2500's are still unlocked
    but if you're not gonna OC i suppose its not gonna make a difference. 2500+ id say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

if your not gonna o/c i'd get the 2600+ its the better performer at the end of the day and its only €12 extra, you can say is it worth the extra €12 and i don't know but is the 2800+ worth the extra over the 2600+ you can go on. if your not going to overclock get yourself the best chip you can afford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

multiplier is locked on the new 2600+ bartons, well it was on one i got a few weeks ago off komplett

The multiplier lock was first noticed on the Xp2500+'s. All new Xp2500+'s are locked most definetly, especially when your buying from komplett (companies who get in new stock regularly).

Xp2600+'s were all coming out locked about a month or 2 later.......... all locked aswell.

From an overclocking point of view the Xp2500+ is the way to go because of the multiplier being at 11 (ie pop FSB up to 200mhz and you have Xp3200+).
    From a non-overclocking point of view like data said the Xp2600+ is a better choice for the sake of €12 !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Aye.Just got my SN45G shuttle this morning complete with new locked XP 2500+ which runs at 3200+ (11x200) perfectly , so I'm well chuffed! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

kinda off topic but , carbsy where you buy your shuttle , I was planning on getting one too also the same chip, any problems? or suggestions where to buy etc? enlighten me :)

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Hello floor! Make me a sandwich! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Originally posted by T-b0n3
    kinda off topic but , carbsy where you buy your shuttle , I was planning on getting one too also the same chip, any problems? or suggestions where to buy etc? enlighten me :)

adam

Aria had them at 104+vat all week , couldn't resist it :) Picked up a locked XP 2500+ which I had no problems running at 400fsb in the SN45G.The stock Sunon 80mm ICE fan is a tad noisy though , so I'll be replacing that soon.Other than that , it's fantastic! At last - a small , quiet , powerful system that doesn't cost an arm 'n' a leg. :D

Advertisement