Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPL French open

Options
  • 05-07-2000 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭

CPL French Open |

The CPL French Open will take place from October 26 through October 29, 2000 at the Palais des Congrès du Parc Chanot in Marseilles, France. It will offer $25,000 in cash prizes to the top winners of the official CPL Quake III Arena tournament. The finals will take place in a theatre that will accommodate up to 1200 people.

Im just curious if any Irish players will, or have ever attended a cpl tournament.
    Just curious. Thats all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

no1 from ireland has.

no1 will be goign to CPLeu also. and i doubt ireland will go to babbage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Does anyone fancy taking part in CPL France. I'm willing to practice my ass off if anyone else is interested. It takes place in october so that gives us loads of time.

Jedi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

tom,
    i'm interested, i can be good if i practice enuff....
    and i am...
    and my gforce2 is on its way.... smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Tom, quick question.

if the game is "no fun" why do you want to spend the next 4 months of your life practicing it?

Is the prize really worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Have you seen the money up for these things? One with sufficient skill (thus ruling me out smile.gif) might even call it easy money cool.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

eAsy money

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

You make it sound so bold Ser smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

if i went id win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Lads chill.

Im sorting out CPL Ireland as we speek. More news on it later this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tracer

I would be interested in going to a CPL tournament, but maybe october is a little premature. It would be better if a few LANs were held to root out the good from bad players and those who have talent but not the correct mentality for the pressures of pro gaming *cough* m1rv...ahem...maybe then gather up the few players who are willing to sacrifice a few months of their lives for the "cause", and let them practice their trade like mad bunnies in a spring-time field.

PS any idea if it would be possible to get some sort of sponsorship for a couple of players to go?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭m1RV

Originally posted by Tracer:
    and those who have talent but not the correct mentality for the pressures of pro gaming *cough* m1rv...
    Isnt it slightly ironic to post this publicly if you are the one to pass judgement on me?

<< Arf Arf >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

NO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

I think i'll go to this for the look see just. Im fu(ked if i'd play like. Sure it'd be a grand we holiday or summat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

whey!!! CPL Ireland. finally a reason to practice the miserable stinking lump of a game that is Q3. I'll see ye on the servers tonight bays!

Seriously - go ahead with it. I know at least 20 peeps that would definetly go, about 50 probables and another few maybes.

Advertisement