Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disk Size

• 04-02-2004 11:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

hi all
    this may sound stupid but i after buying a new 160GB western digital and when i installed it and went to install windows 2000 on it twas only recognised as a 131GB disk
    now the ques why is it not recognised as a 160GB(usually roughly 156gb)

tanx
    tommy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

cos win2k doesn't have 48bit lba by default (over 137gb drives)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

use the search tool. there's a thread on this recently . you probably need a service pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

i had problems with this recently. you need to install the service pack and update your motherboards bios so that both the bios and the op sys support 48-bit LBA.

check the link that quarryman posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

tanx guys i downloaded the bios upgrade and the service pack and am going to try them out this even

quarryman tanx for the link
    but unfortunately the collage has the proxy set to block out boards.ie and i using the ip address insead so couldnt connect to it i just did a search and came across a thread fairly similar

but unfortunately the collage has the proxy set to block out boards.ie
    bastards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

muppet.boards.ie
    :>

muppet.boards.ie
    wow. cool, never knew bout that. very usefull

Advertisement