Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convert to Esat unbundled..

• 04-02-2004 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

I currently have Esat business 512/256 atm. I'm thinking of getting the line unbundled so its used purely for Dsl and i don't have to pay eircom line rental anymore. Hardly use the phone so its a waste of money.
    Spoke to Esat who reckoned i'd have to re-order the dsl service and specify line unbundling this time round, i'd also have to pay the installation fee(maybe only half) again.
    I'd also lose the connection for at least a week or so while they changed it over.

Just like to know has anyone tried this already or whether its worth the bother

Cheers
    C.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Incredible in this day of computers that this mindless bureauracy and paper pushing is allowed. Get onto Comreg to complain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I have asked previously here if it was possible to get the Esat business BB without paying Eircom the line rental, as I have no use for the line other than incoming (and BB!) but the answers implied it was dubious or not cost effective.

Please post how you get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Cuauhtemoc

You can get it without the line rental(so sayeth esat) which i suppose effectively drops the cost of the 512/256 to about €84 per month including vat if you're not a business. Or €66 ex vat. Makes it a bit more affordable price wise.
    Strikes me as cost effective.
    My problem is i didn't get it unbundled in the first place and changing isn't simple.
    Is there a esat customer support email that could give a definitive answer to my query in writing?
    Not a bill murphy job but i'd like to have some written confirmation of the changeover cost etc..(unlike my alleged half price original connection fee).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 monkey_magic

I did this exact thing, had phone line and Esat Business DSL for about a year, and decided I didn't need the phone anymore.

All I did was cancel the phone line, and it never affected my DSL, I never even mentioned it to esat. Maybe I was just lucky I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

I have had the 512/256 package since last February. It was supposed to be installed with the line unbundled, except it wasn't.

It took the Eshat plonkers another 4 months & another month without the service to finally unbundle the line (with weekly phone calls & emails). I was told that it was highly unusual to unbundle a line afer installation and they said they didn't have a proper procedure for it with Eircom ...the joy of dealing with the double bottleneck that is Esat and Eircom :rolleyes:

If its taking too long start emailing complaints@esat.com and/or bill.murphy@esat.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Deu

Get on to the complaints department, They seem to have alot of lee way when it comes to the amount they charge. I had hassle getting the adsl in and got my installation fee refunded.

Deu

Advertisement