Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VT8237 SATA And WinXP 64

• 04-02-2004 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to install WinXP 64-bit on a system based on an AOpen AK86-L motherboard. This board uses the VIA VT8237 Southbridge chipset which has an intergrated SATA controller. I've downloaded the drivers for the SATA controller from VIA's website, and I can install normal WinXP Professional no problem. However, when I try to do the same, with exactly the same driver diskette, in WinXP 64-bit, I get an error saying the driver file (can't remember exactly which one, something like viaraid.sys) is corrupt. Has anyone else tried this configuration, and if so is there anyway around it, presuming that the driver isn't WinXP 64-bit compatible? This system is SATA only, I don't want to install an ATA drive.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

You'll need to get a 64bit driver...

Surprising that VIA haven't got it on their website....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Yes, I know, and I know. :D

There's a few other people aren't too happy, either........

From VIAArena forums....

Advertisement