Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

septum piercing

Options
  • 04-02-2004 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭

i've decided to have the septum of my nose pierced and before i get it done i thought i'd ask about it. is there anything in particular i should know about before i get it done? basically i'm just looking for any information people can give me. it'll be my first piercing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Sure....

I won't lie to you it was one of the more painful piercing's i've had done and more than likely you'll get a tear just come down you're face because the needle will be going through tear glands...similar to when ya get a smack of a basketball in the nose :).

I found the keeper(staple shaped jewellery to hide it) quite annoying because if I had a slightly runny nose the keeper would keep slipping down and would be visible.

The healing process is grand, Just try not to pick you're nose or if you're into snorting give that a rest for a few weeks :)

Anyway go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coldenmean

hey... well i got my septum pierced in snakebite and wasnt painful at all!! septum piercings are usually done through the mucus membranes as far as im aware, unless you request differently. so not only is it not that painful (as far as gettin pierced is anyways) but it heals quicker than cartilage would, but i have heard stories such as MAN's where it was the most painful thing theyve gone through!! i guess it depends on your body... but from my point of view you would have nothing to worry about... and i went through it twice before he realised my cartilage was a lil more nobbly on one side so we would have to go through some of it to get it straight... when i went in for that i was a lil worried about the pain... but again it was quite bareable :rolleyes:
    but of course these things NEVER go smoothly for me, and its starting to go crooked!!! (so im just gonna leave it heal) and if it doesnt get too crooked, we decided to keep it there and stick another one underneath it :D
    cant wait!! heheh
    just go for it man... you can always take em back out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭screamager

yeah...it was by far the sorest piercing i've had. but it only lasted about 5 seconds. it was probably the least sorest straight after though. it healed in a couple of weeks too. if you want to hide it get it done with a bullet septum keeper, i found them far more comfortable that the staple ones. there's a good chance it wont be completely straight cos it can move around during healing. its deadly to stretch once it is healed aswell.

its one of my favorite piercings and i wouldn't be put off by the pain. i recommend snakebite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭the evil belly

well i'm based in cork so i'll head to tattoo zoo on north main street. i've heard only good things and pretty much everyone i know with piercings recommended the place. it also smells like a hospital so thats reassuring. as for hiding the piercing i couldn't be arsed. i'm a few months away from being a qualified archaeologist and there's no dress code for digging in the muck

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, Belly, I got my last piercing done in Tattoo Zoo and they were great. Very clean and hygenic. I wouldn't trust Raven because it just looks dodgy without ever even entering the place (Well, it's moved now, but it used to).

• Advertisement
Advertisement