Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity event

Options
  • 04-02-2004 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Been doing some thinking, and I was wondering what support would be like to arrange a black tie and ball gown charity event? Was thinking something along the lines of €50 a ticket, all proceeds to a charity of voted choice and a venue to be decided.

So, who would be up for it?

K-

Who would like a black tie charity event 13 votes

Yes, I would love to
    0% 0 votes
    No, I think the idea sucks
    100% 13 votes
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I would but if you add in the cost of a meal and the venue, 50 quid wont come close!
    Would love to have a Boards Charity Ball though!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Black tie event with circa 500 people at €50 a ticket will make you 3-4k max. A lot of work for the return but good craic. Those figures are for Dublin venues, if you PM me I can get figures for number of Dublin venues easily enough
    E

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I remember my uncle was involved in organising a blacktie gala ball in the Burlington for Guide dogs for the blind, think the ticket was around 200euro. raised a ****load though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I'd be very interested in this, think it's a great idea. I'm sure we could get a lot of support for it. I wouldn't mind spending more than €50 for a decent charity.

Advertisement