Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

services.msc

Options
  • 04-02-2004 3:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

when i try to run services.msc an error appears saying that there is an invlaid path or file name
    i want to enable a service (ndp) and dont know how else to go about it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Right click my computer, select manage, go to services.

Though I suspect that might not work as it will load the services snapon for the MMC.

Hmm, you could try starting it manually, by running

net start ndp

at a command prompt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

try start, run: c:\winnt\system32\services.msc
    or whatever your windows directory is.

try just searching for the file and double clicking it. who knows, it may have been randomly moved out of system32, or it may have been deleted. alternatively, you may be using a computer on which you don't have access to it.

lo moridin, btw :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

yea thats coming up alright (access denied) but its my home pc so how do i access it??
    grrr stupid pc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I must have done something wierd cause i can access the services at all
    its there alright a simple search confirmed that for me but i cant access the bloddy thing
    it keeps saying access denied to me

any ideas how to permit me to access the services?
    alot of googling has shown me nothing :(

on an other but related matter when i try and run some programs i have nothing happens at all it look like it is launching but then just stops
    i remember i downloaded a program to turn off a load of proccess that i didnt need( well it appeared i dont need them)
    that is one of the programs that wont launch for me now along with desert combat
    there the ones i know of!

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Are you logged in with an administrator account?

Sometimes programs won't run if you're not :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement