Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Of Duty

Options
  • 04-02-2004 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

I tried a demo of Call Of Duty on Sunday and was instantly hooked.I bought in Gamestop yesterday. I can't believe I didn't hear more about this game. IMO It's even better than Battlefield 1942. It's way better then the Medal Of Honour Series. The single player is savage. The A.I is really intelligent. I have dialup and I suffer very little to no lag on Multiplayer playing with 42 ppl. Savage. What do you think of it? Talk about it in this thread. This thread isn't related to anything in particular so ask anything. Oh yeah and BUY THE GAME!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

It's a class game, really fun, epecially near the end when you're driving around in the tanks. The only problem with it is it's far too easy, I finished the whole game three days into it, a bit disappointing really.

Class game though, worth getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by Adrian
    IMO It's even better than Battlefield 1942.

woh woh, hey hey, lets not get carried away. its good, but sheish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I have to agree i think it is better then Battlefield by a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

il admit its good in single player mode and multiplayer is only okish
    but play BF1942 with 63 other players and fun will be had i assure you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

It's a very different game to Battlefield to be honest.

I think it's far more like Day of Defeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Originally posted by Adrian
    IIMO It's even better than Battlefield 1942. It's way better then the Medal Of Honour Series. The single player is savage. The A.I is really intelligent

I agree totally! The demo made me fall in love with it too:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm trying to enjoy it but my PC is overheating every hour. Very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 The TICK

Hi there..

Im glad to see there are other's that like COD as much as I do... Here's a mad idea why not use the IRISH COD servers?, you'll have better ping's and might even enjoy the craic. The game with 42 players was that in the UK?. The irish COD servers are up every night and get very little use from what I can see so maybe it's time to support your local COD server what ya's think?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Single player is fantastic as a game I have to say. Its great just to throw it in and battle through people is a great fps.

I do hate the multiplayer. There is something that just isint right with Deathmatch and World War 2 fps games. There is no tatic but jumping and running around like a lunitic spraying the place. In comparison to [now old] classics like Day Of Defeat, there was an actual objective to the multiplayer. You have to move in as a team and bomb a certain target, or capture a town against a german attack/counter-attack.

There is nothing more boring then running around a level with, well kids, and shooting anything that you see. COD could of had a fantastic multiplayer, the game engine and graphics could have created possibly one of the best multiplayer games. A game where [like the singleplayer] one team had a proper objective and the other had to prevent them from making that objective could have been brilliant. But the maps just dont allow that, most of the maps are just circles where you run around them.

Maybe with the other game styles you can actually have a more, team object based style of game. I have just yet to actually play on a server with it. You cannot beat the object baised games where [like Battlefield 1942] you, well pretty much, actually rely on teamword to win and succeed. COD online just doesnt really require teamwork and tactics as much as DoD did or BF1942 does.

Still, nevertheless it is a fantastic Singleplayer game. Dont get me wrong. It is the best singleplayer to be released in the past year I would nearly say.

This post probably contains a unbelieveable amount of spelling mistakes etc. Not on my PC and too lazy to read over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 The TICK

Hi Winters.

I have recently reinstalled BF1942 and was wondering if there were irish servers up for it as I have had one too many dodgy games on uk servers. I agree COD could be better planned out objective/map wise, but with a close knit group ie:(Irish players) on an irish server maybe things could be orginanised from the forums here? just a thought! While I'm at it are their any H&D2 servers in Ireland or plans for any? cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

There is other gametypes such as search and destroy and headquarters which do require some organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

i played a bit of headquarters last night and it was very bloody annoying that players ran off all over the place rather then defending the radio

it seems the Irish COD servers have gone quiet as of late, the last couple of days theres been no one in there at all anytime ive come on

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Theres a Battlefield 1942 server running on games2.iol.ie as well as three COD servers (games4.iol.ie, games4.iol.ie +1 and games2.iol.ie).

Take alook at the battlefield board for details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

There is something that just isint right with Deathmatch and World War 2 fps games. There is no tatic but jumping and running around like a lunitic spraying the place

Amen Winters. It's the same as Medal of Honour multiplayer, it's just quake with different skins, and boring/annoying as s hite.

BF1942 is a proper wargame that combines fps elements with more tactical play. And you get less ****heads playing it IME.

Advertisement