Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs -v- cITY

• 04-02-2004 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Any thoughts yet?

I think Spurs will beat cITY. Maybe in extra time, but deffo Spurs tonight

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Spurs to win. I Dont really relish the thought of a derby in the next round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

Originally posted by The Muppet
    Spurs to win. I Dont really relish the thought of a derby in the next round.

Why not?

I'd love it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It'd be good, United would deffo go through, but they'll beat Spurs too anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

But a manc derby in the next round simply won't happen, Spurs will be too strong tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

It's live on http://www.jtzj.com/ffff.asx

But breaks up a lot

So, no manc derby lookin likely....cITY down to 10 men, idiot Joey Barton!

Good goal by Keane, and Zeige's free kick was class.

cITY are all at sea, serves 'em right!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

perhaps united fans could tell me if yous have a CL match the wednesday after the FA Cup tie?

just wonderin if you would put out a weakened team.

regards

3-2 back in it with 10 men and without Anelka

I don't fuc king believe it 3 all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

OMG ... man City did it again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

What a game

I dont support any of them but it was class.

fair play City

• Advertisement

rofl 4-3 to city all over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Not the first time Spurs have lost a 3-0 lead against a team from Manchester.

Stunning game to watch and all credit to City for their guts and determination in the second half. A great game - and sets us up nicely for a Manchester derby in the 5th round.

Tinky

Missed a cracker again. Fecking work. ah Well a derby it is so. Should be a cracker.

Emboss I just didn,t fancy a derby match as form goes out the window with them but to win then thing we have to beat everyone so I am looking forward to the next round even if it is not my preferrred choice of opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Missed a cracker again. Fecking work. ah Well a derby it is so. Should be a cracker.

highlights on the bbc the night @ 11:15*.. :)

*correction :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hilarious!

Man Utd, be afraid be very afraid (esp if 3 up at half-time! :D )

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Yeah, great come back by City. I thought we were going to get a chance to see the young Irish lad, Mark Yeats, as Postiga had to go off on 9 minutes but they left Keane up front on his own. Every time I watch Spurs Yeats and Kelly are on the bech but Pleat never sticks them on, I would love to see them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

an unbeliveable game. I just hope the manc V manc game is as good, and with the same result for city :) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

This may seem churlish but as a City supporter I just have to do it...
    So, no manc derby lookin likely....cITY down to 10 men, idiot Joey Barton!

Ye wot?!!

My god - being a city supporter and watching that game... !!! There's nevera dull moment - I'm off to see them this Sunday against Birmingham and if it's as exciting as that I don't think I'll make it through the 90 minutes!??!!

Anyone else here Keegans despondant joke inthe interview? About at half time he was wondering if there was a job centre nearby?? Looks like he's feeling the pressure...

I hope to God that result is the start of a turnaround for City - we've had a crap string of results but have drawn games we should ahve won and lost games we should have drawn...

hope you all enjoyed the game! Especially you spurs fans!!

See you Man Utd fans at the swamp so!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Looks like the Spurs fans just can't except the result (although they will probably have edited it by the time you have a look): 3-3 :D
    Also, down the end of the page I linked, Mark Yeates is second on the poll for MOM and he didn't even play.:D

:D No eirebhoy it's still there !

Tinky

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Johnny_the_fox
    highlights on the bbc the night @ 11:15*.. :)

*correction :dunno:

thanks Johnny
    caught those. What a comback ,It will be interesting to see if it has any effect on citys overall performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

Emboss I just didn,t fancy a derby match as form goes out the window with them but to win then thing we have to beat everyone so I am looking forward to the next round even if it is not my preferrred choice of opposition.

This is true but i'd just love love love to put them out of it :D

especially after last night

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Feck, I missed it. :dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Lucky enough to be there as a neutral last night..

Best game of footie I think I have been at, that said both defences were total crap..

The Spurs back 4 were awful for the whole game, even when they were 3 goals up robbie fowler was getting chance after chance..

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND
    Lucky enough to be there as a neutral last night..

Best game of footie I think I have been at, that said both defences were total crap..

The Spurs back 4 were awful for the whole game, even when they were 3 goals up robbie fowler was getting chance after chance..

Only saw the Hightligts but it Spurs seemed to have stopped playing especially in the second half.

Whats the story with Anelka's injury , is it genuine or does anyone else think he just couldn't be bothered when they went 2 down?

Jesus...how wrong was I?

Just one thing about last nites game though.

The Wright-Philips goal was clearly offside, yet there's no outcry from anyone, like there was about Ruud's goal the weekend?

ABU nation all over.

cITY = Liars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

This match has to go down as one of the most embarrassing results ever for Spurs. All credit to City - they deserved the result and fought like I wish Spurs could do, but I can't think of any other Premiership team that could surrender a 3 - 0 lead at half time, at home, and with a man extra on the pitch, and actually lose the match!!

I'm disgusted with the team, the players, and the acting manager. Dalmat - what the hell has happened to him! He was like an extra player for City, always giving the ball away.

I didn't really care too much about winning the match, as I doubt Spurs would have beaten United in OT, but it was the scoreline and manner in which the team gave in that pissed me off the most. Now every team in not only the Premiership, but every league knows (as if they didn't already) that if they fight hard enough they can beat Spurs.

The problem now is that every game is like an away game for the team.

I hope they don't plan on performances like this ever again, or they will get relegated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭AmenToThat

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    Yeah, great come back by City. I thought we were going to get a chance to see the young Irish lad, Mark Yeats, as Postiga had to go off on 9 minutes but they left Keane up front on his own. Every time I watch Spurs Yeats and Kelly are on the bech but Pleat never sticks them on, I would love to see them.

Gonna take something very special for Yeats to make it at Spurs I reckon.
    Dunno whats gonna happen with Kanute when he comes back from the African nations cup and with Defoe signing at the weekend.........
    Also Postiga who although hasnt been scoring has cost them 6million as far as I know so itll be embarrasing for Spurs if he inst given a chance to prove himself!
    Also the small matter of Robbie Keane!

Kelly has more hope

He'll (apparently) be taking Carrs place when he moves on in the summer!

The Wright-Philips goal was clearly offside, yet there's no outcry from anyone, like there was about Ruud's goal the weekend?

ABU nation all over.

IMO the difference is that this was FA Cup (anything goes) and that was the Premiership (not on my patch !!) Why are you getting so worked up about this, I thought you were a Man U fan ? It'll make for an exciting 5th round derby game at OT ! Bring it on !!!

Why cant you just concede that it was a great game to watch and look forward to the next round.

Tinky

• Advertisement
Advertisement