Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q1 CTF League ?

Options
  • 17-07-2000 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of setting up a Q1 CTF league type thing. So far most of the people I talked to are all up for it, and I think it would be great if we could get the old clans (or as much of them) together again for the league.

So far only Blade and Mindphuck think its not a good idea. Blade will come around tho, cos as we all know he is a lazy ****er and anything that involves him doing anything is a no no, until he see's he's being left out smile.gif MP said that he couldn't get INC together again - a bit chicken methinks? (you can see where this is going smile.gif )

I know it would be an effort to get all the old teams together, but with a few phonecalls you never know who will show up.
    Of course new clans would be just as welcomed in the league, but it would be nice to have all the oldies here.

Another factor in this plan is servers. We all know IGN is limited, but if there is enough interest could we slap up a q1 ctf server? And maybe another one closer to the league. I think 1 would be great for practice matches etc and would be great to get the old folk back, as well as the new for the final 1 last bash of the old q1 ctf days. Those where very exciting times.

So if you up for it, say so, and with a small bit of effort from the old clans, it could turn out to be something cool.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

nD will be there! Great idea - ctf was always was the most fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

No mod is better than CA wink.gif, but CTF comes closest.
    Id love to play in an Irish QW league of any kind (especially one not orgainised by me) and I think its a great idea.
    Of course you would let the new play with the old wouldnt ya bubs? smile.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

OMG!!! I'll round up the Zero Tolernace boyos for auld times sake!

ZT-Kharn
    ZT-Trojan
    ZT-OctavioN
    ZT-NiTe
    ZT-MaNgLeR
    ZT-Terra-Nova

0wnwerage!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Does this mean that CG have to teach you muppets all a lesson again smile.gif

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Ah the Ogre Citadel.

Lame screenie
    http://indigo.ie/~lorenzo/cw/images/ddogre.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Dunno Gandy, CG kinda sucked at CTF ever since I left and you joined. Take the hint tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Errr let me see oh yes didn't CG just kick everyones ass in the IQCAL. I reakon it will be more of the same in the CTF League.

Nice to see INC cowering as well. Lost all those camping skillz MP wink.gif

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Ah yes,
    DD lost that one at QP 1, cos I wasn't playing (Leggy had my machine.) Would this be 3wave CTF, or the more standard stuff? £ wave is fine, but the maps are poo. Any bog standard Quake map was instantly turned into a whole new world of fun when u lashed impulse 22 into the mix.

Quake quote of the year,

Date: June '97.
    Place: quakesrv3.indigo.ie.
    Person: unnamed(3) (aka Jaden).
    Quote: Hey Tomb, what are all those red lines, and how do you use them to fly?

smile.gif

Now, where did I put my +grap alias?

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Originally posted by Von:
    Ah the Ogre Citadel.

Lame screenie
    http://indigo.ie/~lorenzo/cw/images/ddogre.jpg

Good Lord! DD Rapage!

I vote we don't let CW in cause they'd just 0wn everyone (again)!!!

And as for Clan Girly??? You guys are only good at spam! GRENADES AWAY!!! tongue.gif
    I think ZT put you in your place at QP!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

Advertisement