Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting DC

Options
  • 04-02-2004 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just got broadband so i've decided to dump my TFC / HLDM addiction and go for something new. I have v1.6 and installed 0.6f of DC. Will be joining cavancombat in about an hour or so and was wondering if there was anything i should know or if anyone wants to give me some hints so i dont look like a COMPLETE newb it'd be much appreciated :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

That was yer first game qball? plyd :) whacha think of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

It was pretty damn cool. tried my hand at the chopper for a laff! gave "crash and burn" a new meaning hehe. Still not used to the netcode, probably cos i'm too used to HL's client side wonderstuff. Or i'm a lousy shot, which is more likely ;) dl'ing the fix now, will be on for a little bit soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

If your still in a decent TFC clan dont leave it for ANYTHING just yet, you wont get a clan community quite like it ANYWHERE, Ive looked just about everywhere and nowhere comes close to my old TFC days.

On saying that, BF1942 is good fun every once in a while, gets boring quite quick tho IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I havent been in a TFC clan since [KiT], excluding my brief stint in [IR] after that! I'd love to get back into it cos the pub servers i used to frequent are full of m0ngs now, still miss the ole clan matches.

Back on topic, tried my hand at DC again last night, its very difficult to get into but i think i'm begining to get the basics. Main thing: dont try to fly hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Q_Ball
    Main thing: dont try to fly hehe

yeah i'd have to agree with you there i just can't fly, well more specifically i cant fly and hit anything i can keep a plane off the ground just about but the helo's not chance at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I'm looking forward to a few games on el al tonight, anyone planning on been on the server for say 9ish ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i maybe around later, prefare the city maps tbh though

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

Yeah Rev I'll be around, I intend doing absolutely nothing this weekend so DC will be high on the list :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    yeah i'd have to agree with you there i just can't fly, well more specifically i cant fly and hit anything i can keep a plane off the ground just about but the helo's not chance at all

yeah me too. I'm alright with flying the jets but with the heli's i can only fly in a straight line cuz if i try to turn i invariably just crash!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Create a LAN game by yourself, with no bots, and practice getting a helo off the ground and flying about a bit, takes no more than 15 mins to get the thing flying smoothly enough, would take another 15minutes with bots afterwards tho before you can hit anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by suppafly
    yeah me too. I'm alright with flying the jets but with the heli's i can only fly in a straight line cuz if i try to turn i invariably just crash!

OK, there are some fantastic flying guides for DC helicopters that I am just too tired to find right now [2 hours of sleep last night and was up at 7am for a 9hour shift]. The thign with DC choppers is when you move to the left or move your rudder, it will continue moving that direction till you counter balance it:

for example, move rudder slightly left and it will keep moving left till you move slightly right. It is just an endless continuation of moving and counter moving to fly. Practice will help :)

Advertisement