Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wierd Boards bug?

• 09-02-2001 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭

a.jpg
    This comes up every now and then for some reason :-/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Strange, is that Netscape - and is it when resized down to 640x480?

John.
    --

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

It was Internet Explorer 5 at 1024x768.
    It wasnt resized or anything, fullscreen page. I edited a bit out of the screenshot to make the jpg smaller tho.

And it only happens with that climatevoice ad. :-/ I dunno, might be my sides fault. Probably is, but I never got that kind of thing ever b4, 2 jpg,s overlapping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I'm getting that too as well as this below. It's been happening a lot recently, and I've reproduced it on three machines so far. (one was a MAC IE5, others were IE5.5).

boardsmessedup.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Yeah, I've been finding it a bit buggy also. Post not refreshing, boxes being filled in in navy and the like........

[cue Homer Simpson voice] Hmmm, pigeons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Any idea how the hell i can see the REAL url of the pages I'm looking at in my address bar when on the boards? I have "friendly urls" and all that crap turned off in IE (5.0). The only way i can see the actual url is by right-clicking on a page and looking at properties...

- Munch
    dogbert.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Try not touching those machines again Hobbes - all bugs will mysteriously vanish wink.gif

Seriously though, not a clue what's the story with just one banner ad as they are all generated from the same system.

John.
    --

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stephen:
    Any idea how the hell i can see the REAL url of the pages I'm looking at in my address bar when on the boards</font>

The boards have stealth redirection on their domain name. My advice is set a shortcut to whatever board. something like http://www.boards.ie/cgi-bin/bulletin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=7&SUBMIT=Go for quake boards or whatever. it will change then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Bah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You may laugh Cloud but it's happening... A LOT. mad.gif I also get forums opening with missing posts, posts opening with missing extra posts in it and other times I click on links and boards.ie closes my IE. No error just closes it.

It's only this place that is causing the problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement