Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake Servers

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

good man tom!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

Is there a way to separate things up like have the CS server hosted by eircom and the Quake3 by IOL ... that kinda thing ? So they're on serparate boxes, separate lines and they don't hog off eachother.
    Oh and bring on the Quake2 server it's stilla dedly game init biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Nicky

yeah laughs to be had if we get the quake2 up and going

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

out of interest,

what's the min. specs for a decent CA server?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭m1RV

People, a Q2 server on a 10meg esat line is at 193.120.201.7 on the default port I presume.

The people who are hosting this server may also kindly put up a Q3A server too... cross yer fingers smile.gif

<< Arf Arf >>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

So Dev what servers are ya gonna set up?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We have verbal agreement from IOL for another box to be put into there.

Once thats in, we may go begging for memory for the other lower spec systems as we are still trying to pin down the cause of low quality service.

Its not exactly easy given the slow response time from Eircom to our phonecalls.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

I meant which games will the new servers have on them? smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

yeh put up a q2 server
    im sick of playin ffa's on bw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Hey guys, just noticed you already have some posts about our Q2 Server... This has been going up and down as I try to set it up properly (haven't done any Q2 dedicated server stuff before, and al info seems to have dissapeared from the web to be replaced by Q3 stuff...)

As of to-day there is a dedicated Q2 CTF server up and running on games.netshop.ie (default port). There has been NO tweaking done for lag (as I said no info to be found so far) so please SEND ME ANY SERVER TWEAKS YOU CAN SPARE!!! We already have a couple of games servers running (2 CS permanently and a third set up when booked for Clan battles) so please bear with me while I try to get the ballance right... If all goes well with Q2 I will add a Q3 server or replace with Q3 server depending on demand and server power.

As M1RV said, the server is on a 10 Meg Line, so it shouldn't be a problem having a few servers up, but we will have to see.

Let me know by mail, here or on http://games.netshop.ie if you can give me a hand tweaking or have any suggestions for server addons etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

If a q2 server went back up i'd be well up for a few wars with the old crowd. The 6v6 wars that used to go on on that server were a great laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

Ta Gambler

faq on q2 servers is here.... http://www.planetquake.com/q2s-faq/

if you could get one little mod running i think all would be happy. Tis called battlegrounds and can be grabbed from here... http://www.planetquake.com/battle/

This would give FFA, Duel and Team DM functionality, with remote administration ability to boot.

Advertisement