Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Powercolor 9800np

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Doh, just bought a 9700pro for €230 lol, thought i was doing well. Just a matter of timing i guess.

Cheers for the update, will be helpfull to alot of people i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

Is there still an issue regarding flashing these PowerColor 9800np boards to Pro? Does this model still use the Infineon ram rather than the Samsung ATI use normally?

Just wondering, it would be nice to do. But is there really much an advantage to flashing these to Pro are the NP versions fine as they are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

The word on the street is that there will be a bit of a price war starting very soon ... because Nvidia have lowered the cost of their lower end 5900's, ATI are expected to reduce the cost of their NP (and I dont mean just Powercolor, I mean all the vendors) ... I read it on either the Reg or the Inq ... dunno which

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

The Saphire 9800 pro 128meg is $228 on Newegg, i think its already started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

Good to know :)

This card is going into my brothers new machine (his first build....*sniffle* - sorry very nerdy), we won't be organising the parts for another month so hopefully the price drop should be well in effect by then.

Now....if i only had family in US :mad: (ya think we would spread ourselves out a bit dagnammit :) )

• Advertisement
Advertisement