Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Past Leaving Cert Results.

Options
  • 04-02-2004 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭

So..

I have application forms that require the ORIGINAL Leaving Certificate to be attached and sent away. Must be done by Friday. Rang the Dept. of Education and Science today to be told that it would take FOUR TO SIX WEEKS for a new certificate. How is it possible that it takes that long? Particularly in light of the fact that (unlike most people) I actually HAD my exam number from the year in question (1998). Also, I am sure that the year I did my Leaving has little to do with the delay (it was only 5 years ago).

How do they justify a fee of €12.50 when it takes them that long to look up a file from 5 years ago?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Fact of the matter is that I would never attach the original leaving cert and send it away. It's too easy for things to get lost.

I had similar problems with a group that wanted me to send them my degree. I told them to accept a photocopy or they were getting nothing. And it worked out OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I don't know if its an educational application within Ireland, but if it is, the registry offices usually communicate somewhat.

Attach a letter stating that you have applied for a cope of results and they are pending and will follow.
    If you have some sort of receipt or something attach that too. Its usually good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

It is for An Garda Siochana. They require them so that they can verify that I meet the required grades. I have called them already and they are not accepting copies or letters notifying pending certificates.

What to do? The Gardai havent left anyone in a similar predicament (and I bet I am not the only one) in a complete state of disarray...

Anyone got any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Shoot them, rape them and bury them in no particuluar order. (the department that is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by embee
    It is for An Garda Siochana. They require them so that they can verify that I meet the required grades. I have called them already and they are not accepting copies or letters notifying pending certificates.

What to do? The Gardai havent left anyone in a similar predicament (and I bet I am not the only one) in a complete state of disarray...

Anyone got any suggestions?

Try calling into the Dept of Education directly. If you are in the office and explain you may be able to speed it up.

The 4 weeks may include postage. Often it takes a week in Gov Systems for non-prioritiesed mail to even leave the building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

that's a good point, going there in person often helps to speed things up. Just explain your predicament nicely, and if that still doesn't work, well then you know who you're dealing with

Advertisement