Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IQ3CL - Part 2 :D

• 15-07-2000 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

We're hoping to get a new IQ3CL season up and started... probably after Jedi's Quake3 FFA league.

So far i've gotten interest from BiO,Se7en,PS and LSD.

I'd like to know if DK,DzR,HIV,IR, H and anyone else I left out would be interested in taking part in a new season ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

not for us, we like counter-strike smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

boooooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

you can be sure acid are up fer it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

'stuff

[This message has been edited by podgeen (edited 17-07-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

PS will probably be all modemers for the season but will enter a team anyway.

Jedi

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I'll have a clan together for start of October/(last week in Sept)(back to college, WOHOO!)definitely, so if you can hold on that long I'd be interested.

Oh yeah, you'll all take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

Well... I say we kick off the league right after Jedi's ffa league. So by September/October it will be finished and we'll be ready to do a 3rd season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

g'man Jedi, every1 should play if they can, even if it's on a modem... who cares if ye win or loose it's about playing Quake3 init biggrin.gif
    None of this 3l33t i'll only play on ISDN and better crap.
    And sure by September/October a new season will be in place for all the lads back to UL and off their modems and onto their 5 pings biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

The ffa league will only ask 5 weeks max. So Mid september I'd say would suit most.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Look lads, I don't care when ye play these leagues just as long as ye don't just start one before I come back and have to wait like another 2 months or something to get into another one!

So like would there be one around starting around like the start/middle of October?....so lets see ..eh, that would give me about a week to sort out a cd, new graphics card, possibily new chip and 2 more weeks to become brilliant and batter ye.

Here, could someone tell me this please?....I have a p2 400 with a mediocore Rage graphics card...is that playabile for the q3 version that is standard now?...I remember playing the test version before I came to Germany and it was rather sluggish on my pc...so eh, what do I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

get a gforce and a new chip and you'll be grand...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

get a geoforce and you'll be grand smile.gif
    I get 60+ fps steady on a p2-450 and tnt1. So if you get a decent graphics card you're laughing. (And geforces work quite well on lower end machines)
    Greg
    I do play ugly quake 3 tho. No textues/640*480

Originally posted by quozl:
    get a geoforce and you'll be grand smile.gif

What is/how much is a G/geo force?

I get 60+ fps steady

Is 60 standard or what?

So if you get a decent graphics card you're laughing. (And geforces work quite well on lower end machines)

What is a lower end machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Anything above 30fps is playable, whatever anyone tells you. It's not great, but it's playable (I play with 12 fps at home... frown.gif )

Put 'em in your mouth and suck 'em
    Clan Acid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

leauge!
    wahoo!!
    Just wonderin which Server is gonna be used fot it. Games1 my have osp and all, but vishnu's a better server.

Narf!
    Clan Acid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

ALrighttherebaimarcus,
    Look you need a geforce... bout 200 quid or so. Your processor is grand.

If you have a tnt1 sorted right, you will get about 94 FPS at 640*480. forget ure 60 fps. and no, 30 fps is NOT enuf to play competitively.

I got a geforce, and I'm running 1024*768 with 125 fps.

If you use a geforce, you don't need a decent machine, you'd get away with a p2 300. 128 MB ram would help though.

moral of story --> Marcus ure PC is grand, get a geforce, and tell me about this new clan.

Hey thanks for the advice there Dave.I'll invest in a G-force thingy so.

200 quid = 40 flagons, JESUS.

The clan would be:

The_Operating_System

[TOS]Arky
    [TOS]Kerria
    [TOS]PeeWee
    [TOS]Podgeen
    [TOS]John O'Gorman.

You interested or something Boss?Could do with a sixth Ul'er!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

is that thee John O'Gorman?

FEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAARR!!

You know it Collie.He has some rail shot,... bit slow though.