Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cordless phone frequencies

• 05-02-2004 1:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at getting a cordless phone for use at home but I don't want it to play hell with the DSL or 802.11g wireless network. I know some people have had problems with cordless phones where dsl is installed, whats the story with that?

also, what frequencies do both analog and dect cordless phones work on? I couldnt find anything about analog but dect (or at least the few I looked at) seem to have a number of selectable channels in & around the 1800 - 1900 Mhz range.

Dispense your knowledge here please :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

ISTR that some analogue is about 30 Mhz and some 40 Mhz or so but there are other bands.

Comreg Frequency Allocation Doc April 2001 is a help .

M

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

AFAIAA
    DECT are on the 2.4-2.48 GHz band which is shared by 802.11b and g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Anyone know what freq the eircom txt phones work on? Like sending txts down the line to the phone aint on the voice channel so which part is it on?

In regards the actual phone, I thought they worked around 48/49 mhz and some on the newer ones were alot higher as in around 5Ghz. Never heard of one around 2.4 though which effect wireless networks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

cheers lads. DECT is out then, presumed that from the start anyway. Looks like is a cheap ol' analog for the house then. Just hope it doesn't play bloody hell with the dsl and all that...

Advertisement