Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

homepage change

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Get yourself a spybot checker such as this one and it will remove any spyware etc. that may be on your PC and maybe changing your homepage.

Also, someone while browsing may have hit yes to one of those "Would you like to change your hompage to ..." windows. So it may have just been an accient. Nevertheless, install the spybot checker above and do a full spyware scan. That program can also lock your homepage so it cannot be changed. Useful stuff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

will do, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

And the moral of the story is; Never go back to IE:D.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    And the moral of the story is; Never go back to IE:D.

Agreed, use Firebird or Mozilla - http://www.mozilla.org

say it together everyone.....IE SUCKS!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

Originally posted by Cabaal
    Agreed, use Firebird or Mozilla - http://www.mozilla.org

say it together everyone.....IE SUCKS!!

mate go read my original post again

i see you have a very similar post in the bin

i need IE for windowsupdate.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

You can get Windows itself to notify you of new updates.
    Well on XP anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I wouldn't worry too much about it mukki. If I was in a hypothetical friend's house and that hypothetical friend had hypothetical pirated software, games or mp3s I might set the homepage there to be funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

Re: original post. The change has nothing to do with Firebird, unless you downloaded it from an unofficial source. It's purely coincidence you noticed around the same time.

Anyway GO MOZ/variants !:D

It is what it's.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by mukki
    i need IE for windowsupdate.com

IE is part of windows whether you like it or not. Just install another browser and only use IE when you want to do an update. Simple!

Advertisement