Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portobello Bridge

Options
  • 05-02-2004 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭

The above bridge at the end of Rathmines Road is now a complete mare morning and evening. Does anyone know what the f*%k they are doing with it and why that whatever they are doing will take until May according to a crappy sign I saw on a lampost this morning.

Also do any of the Dublin City councils put up details of roadworks and their reasons on their websites?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

They certainly do ...

La Touche Bridge (Rathmines Bridge)
    Siac on behalf of Dublin City Council will be repairing the bridge. Traffic will be down to one lane. There will be no left hand turn from La Touche Bridge onto Canal Road and there will be no left turn from Grove Road onto La Touche Bridge. Works will be ongoing from Tuesday 3rd February 2004.

Don't leave home without checking!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Thanks for that BrianD. Four months to repair.. thay could knock it down and build a new one from scratch in that time. Talk about work expanding to fill the time available...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

You'd think they'd at least wait until the luas works on adelaide road were finished - the last thing that stretch of road needs at the moment is another bottleneck. It too me 40 minutes to get from college green to the other side of that bridge yesterday on the bus (left town at 5:20)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The bridge is screwed on the eastern side with a large crack on the the southern (Rathmines) pier.

Yeah, signage could be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

well crap, i am in rathmines and have to get to blanchardstown before 7pm for work, suppose i better start leaving at 5:30pm and head along the canal

• Advertisement
Advertisement