Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESAT Business broadband users - Query / Help!

• 05-02-2004 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Hi,

The default modem that comes with the ESAT business connection is an Ericsson HM230DP. This has been configured by ESAT to act as a bridge and as such all of the advaced features are turned off!

Has anyone reset this modem so it can act as a router with NAT, Firewall and UPnP enabled?? Succesfully at that!

If someone has could you post or PM with anything I might need to know before doing so! Otherwise I'll just give it a shot and see what happens! :ninja:

Thanks in advance!

Oakers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭oakers

Anybody??????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fergal1

i rang esat about this and their reply was it came to them configuered that way...., and they couldn't even unlock it!
    let me know if you get a result on this....
    regards,
    fergal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Surely it's just a matter of flashing the firmware?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭kensutz

I got the ericsson hm120dp and i cant get the drivers from the net to set it up on my new pc any that i tried failed. If anyone can recommend a Router/Modem to suit can they let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭oakers

Cheers guys,

Etho_,

To flash the firmware you have to log on to the damn thing first (pain in the rear!) But I've sussed that now!

Fergal,

I've had a play and ESAT are telling lies me thinks!

To get into the modem set your IP details to the following:

IP Address: 192.168.0.3
    SubNet: 255.255.255.0
    Default gateway: 192.168.0.1

Once you've done this open up a browser window and put 192.168.0.1 in the address bar. This should take you to the gui control panel.

The modem has 5 settings. The 3 I'm concerned with are:

1) Bridged, Single PVC (this is the default setting)

2) RFC1483 Router

3) Bridged DHCP Router, Single PVC

I've had a play with numbers 2 and 3 but have had no luck in getting it to work as of yet! Thus I've always gone back to number 1! Could well be something really simple I'm missing!

If you have any luck with this let me know!

Kensutz,

If you're on the business ADSL using that modem I have the drivers if you want them! PM me your details and I'll post them out on Monday!

Hope I've been of some help to you chaps!

Oakers

• Advertisement
Advertisement