Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 2 CTF Server

Options
  • 17-07-2000 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, just noticed you already have some posts about our Q2 Server in other topics... This has been going up and down as I try to set it up properly (haven't done any Q2 dedicated server stuff before, and all info seems to have dissapeared from the web to be replaced by Q3 stuff...)

As of to-day there is a dedicated Q2 CTF server up and running on games.netshop.ie (default port). There has been NO tweaking done for lag (as I said no info to be found so far) so please SEND ME ANY SERVER TWEAKS YOU CAN SPARE!!! We already have a couple of games servers running (2 CS permanently and a third set up when booked for Clan battles) so please bear with me while I try to get the ballance right... If all goes well with Q2 I will add a Q3 server or replace with Q3 server depending on demand and server power.

As M1RV said, the server is on a 10 Meg Line, so it shouldn't be a problem having a few servers up, but we will have to see.

Let me know by mail, here, or on http://games.netshop.ie if you can give me a hand tweaking or have any suggestions for server addons etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Dude, yous lads are fookin cool! smile.gif
    Ta a lot.
    'Fraid I dont know anything about servers to help you tho. smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

Gambler - See reply in your other post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

Quake3 and Quake2 dm !!!! not ctf, put up both of em aswell... both games are kewl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

Gambler - See reply in your other post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭m1RV

Ph33r m1rv's inside knowledge.
    Or else the wabbit gets it.

<< Arf Arf >>

• Advertisement
Advertisement