Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitzwilliam Business League Screw-up

Options
  • 05-02-2004 12:44pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Fitzwilliam were just on to me and they have screwed up our second team entry - they have now reverted to their one team policy. This means that we will only have the one team i.e. the first one in the competition. However, since their will be days that people wont be able to make it I can see the need for a few subs etc.

I'll keep everyone informed

Sorry to those who were on the 2nd team.

Hyzepher

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Thats unfortunate.
    Am I still on the subs list for the first team?
    How exactly is it going to work? Is it more like a team of seven instead of a team of 5 plus 2 subs, where everyone rotates and sits out a week so that everybody plays the same amount of poker?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Basically I will make out a rota for the 6 weeks and I will contact each week's 5 every Friday evening/Monday morning to find out availability. If we have a drop-out then one of the other 2 will fill in.

For This Monday we will go with the initial 5 and next week I will circulate the rota.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Luke

I would imagine that there would be nothing to stop you setting up a Luke Industries Team.

MrP

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah, You could use any name at all. Lafortezza, I was thinking that it was more a group of 7 rather 5+2 if you get me.

I'll be there tonight to get a little more practise in at tournie play.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I'm sure they need a company address and other details and stuff thought, otherwise you'd just have groups of mates calling themselves "L33t0rz 'R' Us Ltd."

I think myself and henbane are going to the fitz tonight as well.
    We may also be going along to the €50 euro buy-in game tomorrow night, anyone been to this before?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Fitz have told me that the business league is full - thats why we cant enter another team - there are 14 registered = 70 bodies each night - probably the capacity for them

Hyzepher

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Okay, if there are enough people still interested, I propose we play under a flag of convenience (namely my company).

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139563

Advertisement