Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mancini confirms contact with Spurs (Merged)

• 05-02-2004 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Mancini was a top class player but is still somewhat unproven at managment.Spurs have a history of 'trophy' managers which i think Mancini will become.(you know the drill by now..lauded by English media for 1st year..forced out 2nd year)Spurs have the nucleus of a good squad and could quite easily be a top six club if properly motivated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

David Pleat today said that the new maager for spurs is in place and as he said "done and dusted" but who is it?

most popular option is Trapatoni but O'Neill has been linked again this week but my view is sven goran eriksson.

anyone got any views??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

:rolleyes: this is feckin Spurs not Chelsea. The fact is that Spurs are not a big enough club to attract top European managers. I reckon its more Big Ron than big Sven for them unless the board are going to splash the cash on better players than they have been getting in to date...

Sorry
    Neil

• Advertisement

spurs have raise £15m through a share issue and are reportedly giving the new manager a £20m kitty.

quotes from sven today seem to suggest different.

"I must join a club where I can improve thngs. The absolute best club would be a 'sleeping giant' with a great following, big ground and good economy.

"If I take a club in England, it must be a challenge. I want to be a winner."

if you have been following transfers since summer you wil know spurs have been very active and defoe for £7 million was one of the biggest signings of the window

levy said that transfers were being directed by their new man. therefore a man in a club job at the moment wouldn't and shouldn't advise a club abut transfers and therefore you are left with a country man or a jobless man. if it were a jobless man why not appoint now.

we are left with trap and sven and levy has had many meetings with sven. also would trap know of defo, robinson and dawson/reid??

history would suggest that spurs a sleepin giant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Trapatoni to tottenham.

O Neill to Liverpool

And Sven to chelskis if England don't win in Portugal.

Trapatoni to tottenham.

Has to be him but based on their previous appointments I would'nt be suprised to see Bryan Robson getting it:)

Yeah but there is a difference between Lazio's squad/tactics and Spurs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by [DF]Lenny
    Has to be him but based on their previous appointments I would'nt be suprised to see Bryan Robson getting it:)

I dont think Robsons record would be enought to secure the position when you consider the candidates that have been connected to it.

Yeah Trap's always liked to set up his teams in a defensive way, I think he might find the kamikaze premiership style of football hard to handle.

abram and sven were seen once together, levy has had numerous meetings talkin about possible manager candidates

from the quotes from yesterday i think it will be him. but would love trap or oneill.

c'mon you spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

i think David Pleats old friend - Raddy Antic will get it. Pleat knows him and he knows Pleat.. with Pleat being Director of Football at Spurs - he would want someone that he knows about*.

Hes at Celta Vigo until the end of the season... and Spurs will be getting a new manager at the end of the season.

*alot of knowing going on - but you get my point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Yeah I think it could be him too. Pleat sort of refused to comment on a direct question about him and complimented him instead but that could be just a decoy as well. Guess we'll have to wait and see, though it needs to be someone with a reputation as this is the most important managerial appointment the club has had in decades.

Personally I'd love O'Neill, though despite the rumours and the players we've bought (or have been linked with) I doubt it's him. He'd be the sort of manager to give the players the kick up the arse they've badly needed for ages.

• Advertisement

just an update from will hill in the uk,

they are not takin anymore bets on the spurs job. the price on oneill went from 11/1 to 8/1 and then the book was shut,

perhaps they know somethin, but oneill doesnt have any experience workin under a director of football so don't think he fits the bill levy is lookin for.

this is wreckin my head!!!!

and only 5 points from the cl!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Damn this waiting!! I just hope that come the summer we're not all disappointed. I'd love it to be O'Neill, but you're right, he's got no experience working under a director of football, so I don't see how that'd work. Unless an alternative arrangement has been agreed.

Advertisement