Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake3 FFA League MAPS??

Options
  • 17-07-2000 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

We lads interest in the league is growing very Quickly. The dead line for entrys is this friday midnight. It will start the following tuesday night.

There are 20 in the lpb group already and 16 people in the hpb. Should be pretty good.

So the question is what levels do we play?.

I recommend we play the 4 barrysworld league ones anyway.

DM7, DM6, DM10, DM13. I need about 4 more levels. I will leave that up to u guys. So what other maps are good for FFA. To stop confusion stick to the maps from the original game not any new maps that need downloading.

Start your vote

Jedi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

how about some custom levels, ztn3dm1, q3mexx1... I don't know how suitable they are for ffa's though. dm6,dm7,dm12,14 have my vote... 10 can ****off biggrin.gif
    Isn't 13 a duel level ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

ya, i hate dm10 - i don't like dm12 or dm13 much either for ffa. dm6 and dm7 definitely. i like dm14 but thats a BFG level, so i dunno if it would be suitable (unless you /callvote bfg 0 on osp).
    dm8 isn't too bad. I would like q3mexx1 as well, but i've never ffa'd on ztn3dm1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

DM8 gets my vote... DM17's good for FFA.

Put 'em in your mouth and suck 'em
    Clan Acid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

duel levels make the best ffa levels, up to about 6 players.. look at dm2, dm4 and dm6 in quake1, 3 most played duel maps, possibly the 3 best ffa levels too.. they even made the death32 levels, which was basically dm2,dm4 and dm6 in one big 32 player level, because you couldnt really play anything more than a 6 player ffa on dm6 for example without it turning into "keep fire pressed with the rocket launcher and you will win"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by Koopa:
    "keep fire pressed with the rocket launcher and you will win"

wasn't that the case with just about any quake level you care to mention??

• Advertisement

... so i vote we play maybe a few 4 player games on tourney2, tourney4, dm13, ztndm3(or whatever, the one in the cpl) , and
    q3dm6(tmp), just to see how they play in a ffa

i doubt we could have big 8-10+ player games anyway, without everyone lagging out or whatever

wasn't that the case with just about any quake level you care to mention??

no, just 2 questions for you though..

1. have you ever actually played quake??

2. verses good people?

rocket launcher wasnt even the most powerful weapon in quake

[This message has been edited by Koopa (edited 17-07-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Q3DM9

People get all upset about that tiny little bug in this map but if someone tryed to use it ina FFA they wouldnt get many kills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Ok,

Q3DM6,
    Q3DM7,
    Q3DM8,
    Q3DM9
    Q3DM13 is very good because there are 3 armours, quad, lots of weapons. Its a good old scrap in a ffa

These 5 will be used.

Need 3 more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

Is that DM6 or DM6(TMP) The one from CPL, because I reckon we should play the CPL levels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Q3DM6
    Q3DM7
    Q3DM8
    Q3DM9
    Q3DM13
    Q3DM14
    Q3tourney4
    Q3DM5

Narf!
    Clan Acid

Clan Bio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

i think these levels should definetly be played...

dm6
    dm7
    tourney2
    dm13
    dm17

I like tourney4 for duels for dunno bout ffa's
    I dont think levels with bfg should be played.. unless bfg is removed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Andy are you wanting to enter the LPB group

dave q3dm6(tmp) is the one in the cpl, its why i suggested it
    same with ztndm3

its not like we're going to be able to have 10 player ffa's anyway without it being very lagged, so i suggested we play a few 4-6 player ffa's instead of one or two 8-10player ffa's

4 player ffa's are actually fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Tom, I'll stick to the HPB division.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Runtfest!!!!!

class map smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

if theres going to be a lot of ppl in the map, i think dm12(tmp) might be good. I'm not sure of all the changes, but theres no bfg and theres Red Armour in place of the quad, and it could be a good for a big free for all, and would add some variety from the smaller maps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

ztn3dm1, q3mexx1 and dm14 - tmp maps.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

did someone say death32?

Advertisement