Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunboyne now DSL enabled

• 05-02-2004 2:01pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭

maybe this was mentioned before but I just noticed that Dunboyne is now listed as DSL enabled on the eircom website in the past day or so, this follows Dunshaughlin which was enabled about 6 weeks ago and Ashbourne, Navan, Trim some time before that. Id say that Clonee is almost ready too as some of their numbers have been passing tests recently and Ratoath is planned for March/April I heard. This would bring nearly all towns/villages in south eastern meath broadband capable which is great news for the county. When these towns are finished hopefully the towns of Slane, Kells, Oldcastle and a few other villages will get activated also afterwards.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Do you think that Summerhill will be enabled soon? Where do you get your information? Them bastards Eircom, spent a year digging up the road between Kilcock and Summerhill and now they aren't even going to give us the benefit of it:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

No, Linoge, they dug up the road to try and stop people getting out of Summerhill. Thats what I heard anyway

Better to do that than relocate it 5 miles out into the Irish sea like they have planned for Dungarvin!:eek: Oh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭pete

Originally posted by Gonzo
    This would bring nearly all towns/villages in south eastern meath broadband capable which is great news for the county.

Maybe now they can bring DSL to the wasteland expanses of Dublin West. Us poor souls just across the border from the broadband heartland of south east Meath are crying out for some respite from 56k hell.

Some day.... some day.

Originally posted by pete
    Maybe now they can bring DSL to the wasteland expanses of Dublin West. Us poor souls just across the border from the broadband heartland of south east Meath are crying out for some respite from 56k hell.

Some day.... some day.
    West Dublin? You already have dsl out there. FFS, Lucan even has NTL providing it! Even Maynooth (I know its Kildare but its on the 01 exchange) has dsl now.:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I know about Ratoath coz some of my m8s live there and rang Eircom themselves and all got March/April as a date for broadband, as for Clonee its been stated here before that numbers are passing. Summerhill Ive never been there so dunno if its a village or townland but if theres less than 1000 people there then the chances of broadband are prolly minimal for a year or two id guess. I thought all of Dublin west was extremely well catered for by broadband? Blanchardstown, lucan, finglas, consilla, castleknock all those areas have dsl and wireless afaik with lucan even having ntl cable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭pete

nahh the blanchardstown exchange may be DSL enabled but it covers a massive area & there's a huge swathe of estates in D15 (just on the safe side of the Meath border) with not a hope in hell of getting the DSL from blanch because we're just too far away.

bummer, but i'm pretty sure it's not the only exchange where that's the case.

Advertisement