Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

new motorbike drivers license question.

Options
  • 05-02-2004 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

i've just passed both my car and bike test (yeah hey!).

went to the motor tax office and paid 25 euro for a 10 year combined license.
    when it arrived in the post it has the 10 years on the car
    but just a 2 year expiry on the bike slot.

i knew i'd be restricted on bike power/weight/whatever for 2 years.
    but will i have to go in and pay for a new license document when this time is over ?
    not just the 25 euro. its annoying to queue at the tax office (90 minutes)
    and i'm afraid they will introduce new conditions in the next few months.

btw.
    its worth doing the test.
    AON are back dating my insurance to give a discount from the actual test day last september.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Will you have to pay for a new licence when restriction period is over?
    No. The restriction period is marked on the licence. Once that date has passed, the restriction no longer applies. Think of it like the issue date on the licence.

IIRC when I passed my bike test, I sent back my old car licence and a cheque. Cheque was returned with new licence. Was a nice surprise that they didn't take the money.
    btw. its worth doing the test.
    AON are back dating my insurance to give a discount from the actual test day last september.

Hibernian have a 35% loading for provisional licence holders. Well worth doing the test. Pity about the waiting times. I insured directly with Hib and they only back-dated the refund to the day the licence was issued and not the day I passed the test. Was only a few days, but in your case, probably a good chunk of change. Nice one AON ;)

Advertisement